Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cheap Televue Eyepieces

melsky

I've been past the shop James and it seemed tiny. Would they keep Televues in store? I'm up and down the M5 a lot to see family in Devon.

It is tiny :) I'd have thought they'd have to have them in stock because getting them to order would be a right pain, but there's really no telling. Sometimes it's hard to believe they sell anything. There's been a Paramount ME in there for what seems like years (it probably has been) and a badly dented 8" or 10" OO newt that's been in the window for just as long. Sometimes I'm tempted to go in and make a derogatory offer for the newt. I could make a derogatory offer for the ME, too, but I don't think there's much chance of it being accepted :)

James

I will say it again, the only Televue I am thinking of at the moment is the 4.7mm Ethos and that has come down 20 quid, some of us have no luck.

I am very happy that I got a lot of large TV's while in England in May secondhand, I would have topped myself if I had bought the 21mm E, 10mm E, 26mm N, and the 31mm N new, those four alone have come down over 500 quid. However I am still tearful having bought the 6mm E new, that's about the biggest price cut of the all.

Alan

I will say it again, the only Televue I am thinking of at the moment is the 4.7mm Ethos and that has come down 20 quid, some of us have no luck.

I am very happy that I got a lot of large TV's while in England in May secondhand, I would have topped myself if I had bought the 21mm E, 10mm E, 26mm N, and the 31mm N new, those four alone have come down over 500 quid. However I am still tearful having bought the 6mm E new, that's about the biggest price cut of the all.

Alan

hmm, as much as its good for new buyers it doesn't seem very friendly to their previously loyal customer base. It would make you think twice about buying a new model or range when they first came out. I think on one website it refers to August sale which implies they're going up again later, which would make sense if it was just a stock clearance.

I will say it again, the only Televue I am thinking of at the moment is the 4.7mm Ethos and that has come down 20 quid, some of us have no luck....

I'm not sure prices have settled yet Alan so you never know, the ESX 4.7 might drop a bit more yet.

Alan, what's to be unhappy about? They were fantastic ep's when you bought them, and they still are!! If it was all about the money, we are all in the wrong hobby. Go outside and look through them all.I bet you smile and feel glad you have them, just as you did when you first got them.

Alan, what's to be unhappy about? They were fantastic ep's when you bought them, and they still are!! If it was all about the money, we are all in the wrong hobby. Go outside and look through them all.I bet you smile and feel glad you have them, just as you did when you first got them.

really well said Alan, what's spent is spent. It's a fantastic hobby,

I was only having a moan.

To pick up on Damo's postage point, TH charge me the same 30 quid to Bulgaria, that covers anything up to 31KG. I know that is correct as they shipped me a Mega wedge, and 4 heavy small items, eyepiece, diagonal etc. I think my parcel was 26kg, now for 30 quid that's a good deal. However they wanted the same for a 6mm Ethos so I waited until I was there, seems a bit of a strange system they have.

I guess they have some deal with Fed Ex which is good for some thing but not others, 30 quid to Ireland seems steep to me. They will not use any other way either problems I believe they had with the Royal Mail.

Alan.

Archived