Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

W/C 5th August

swamp thing

Hi All

I decided to take July off stargazing as I was just too busy, and nights were just too short. Looking to start again this month.

I have a little fiddling about to do on the larger scope but hopefully will be up and running with it either this week or next. I'll need a couple of clear nights to get the optics in and the Paracorr system fitted. Oh! and I need to knock together a little ramp to get it into, and out of the van.

Hope to see you all soon. :)

Anyone and everyone is welcome. :)

Our regular meeting place is Ranmore common (kinda central in the county). We don't have set days to meet. We tend to just put a post on here before heading up. That way whoevers about can come and join one another.

We also use another site (much darker) but this is out of Surrey. Again if heading that way I'll post on here first. I'll PM anyone that wants directions to the site.

I've got to wake up early all this week, so I'll have to wait to see your new scope Steve :-)

I managed to get out on Friday - just in the garden but that's my first time in quite a while as well.

No worries James.

As said, not sure i'll get out with the big lump this week anyway. Got to sort those bits first. Probably do that in the back yard.

Gotta go get it back from the tailors first anyhow ;)

How are you enjoying your 10", Super scopes aren't they? :)

are newcomers welcome ? myself and a friend are looking for something a bit closer to home

Oh ((( I now realise that I had in the above post I Quoted by clicking on the wrong post))) this was the post I had meant to quote, yet by a bit of luck my above post does still work (ISH!) SO NOW TO ASK THE SAME QUESTION, but to the right person [ Hi Where is HOME for you? I am REDHILL / Horley ].

Managed one night in July, managed to find wild duck cluster and few other low objects!

moved house too love my garden that doesnt have a street light overlooking it :)

Will keep an eye out for when next meet/clear sky, will be good to see new ppl too

Hi All,

Not much done here either. One imaging session in mid July which was quite successful but it never really got dark. Still, it's all good practice :)

It'd be good to get out again under dark skies. I am looking forward to Perseid hunting on Monday night / Tuesday morning. Fingers crossed for clear skies.

Hi All,

Not much done here either. One imaging session in mid July which was quite successful but it never really got dark. Still, it's all good practice :)

It'd be good to get out again under dark skies. I am looking forward to Perseid hunting on Monday night / Tuesday morning. Fingers crossed for clear skies.

& I thought that the 16" OTA was heavy! well it sure beats hauling the 4 poster out onto the green, lol? see you out there, BASH HATS ON, lets hope it is a goodun;-)

1376156747[/url'>' post='2011563']

& I thought that the 16" OTA was heavy! well it sure beats hauling the 4 poster out onto the green, lol? see you out there, BASH HATS ON, lets hope it is a goodun;-)

Sorry folk I can not edit my posts & thus I have to make a new post each time I need to edit something, like here

http://www.jodrellba...y/Perseids3.jpg

I got it from a great monthly alerts page! http://www.jodrellba...sky/#highlights

1376417216' post='2014446']

Hi all, thought I had better check in here as this is my region. Will be keeping an eye open for the next meet as Ranmoor is just up the road from me.

Hi Anthony, SORRY We are not all unfriendly b's on SGL, it is just that it is still a bit to warm & light for us Sad Gits as we Live for dark skies here on SGL, we yearn like mushrooms for cold dark space & being cold blooded night time beasts we only to go out & play on the hill sides of cloudy Britain when it's BL**DY FREEZIN;-(*!*)-;

& REGARDING ["Anthony, the newbie that really hasn't got a clue what he's doing with a Skywatcher Skyliner 150."]

I have a sneaking suspicion that you might be hoping that you will soon be "A NEWBIE THAT HASN'T GOT A CLUE WHAT TO DO, yet will also soon not have a SW SKYLINER 150P to do it with, even if you are given a clue what to do! AS I have noticed a certain said scope is blinking at me/us over in the bright lights on one ABS add number 7258O-; is it not? So one must now ask; is your wandering ey- on the sky now blinded or have you changed it for another? or did you end up changing your mind & keep it? as I know that they do not sell for much at all.

Well whatever you have chosen to do I do hope it is not because no one was here to welcome you to the Surrey part of the forum, If you did get a bit demoralised by this or/& lost by the huge expanse of space that was before your -Ye or eY- whichever one you use & have now given up because no one was here to help you, then I am very sorry & I feel very sad if this is the case as I am sure that many others here will also feel as I do, so please get back to us again privately via the message service hereon as many a member of both astro forums & even local astronomy Societies all virtually close down for the summer months of JULY & AUGUST & therefore it is best to send directed messages to members for now until the skies begin to shed less light on things & our skies once again darken as winter nights draw in. I will hope that this reply reaches you in time to rekindle & your minds desire to see all that the eYe can see at the EP (eyepiece) & of coarse in so doing also learn to truly understand & fully comprehend the spender & incredible wonder of what is before your eyes that the mind can wonder upon as it's senses are ignited as once more the mInD within one sees the true scale of it all in all it's wonder & begins to wonder "Y" it as it is & why we are as we are & see what we see & in it that the eYe of our minds eY- ;-o ,.-) is just one of knowing & needing to know the truth. So good luck with finding yours in this space we all share & in all that you do I hope clear skies are B4U. John BiI3

Ps! + that this reply goes a little way to making you feel more WELCOME HERE so Hi HOBSEY!! WELCOME TO the Surrey Star**STALKERS end of the gazers lounge on O+3 fellow Earthling.

Ps! + that this reply goes a little way to making you feel more WELCOME HERE so Hi HOBSEY!! WELCOME TO the Surrey Star**STALKERS end of the gazers lounge on O+3 fellow Earthling. Yes it has, thank you very much.

Archived