Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseids 2013

I never have those functions turned on in the first place, the most likely scenario was the remote shutter. It's a bit fiddly with where it wants to work in the jack so it could of shifted when I let go of it and stopped altogether. Although I thought I was positive that I heard it snapping away in the background, maybe not.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have those functions turned on in the first place, the most likely scenario was the remote shutter. It's a bit fiddly with where it wants to work in the jack so it could of shifted when I let go of it and stopped altogether. Although I thought I was positive that I heard it snapping away in the background, maybe not.

Blumming annoying isn't it. Hope it goes better later.

Was out 12.00 till 2.30 last night...crystal clear skies but surprisingly few meteors of reasonably bright magnitude, many faint mag 4-5 looking overhead and towards the south but very few fireballs so far, seen more in past years this close to maximum even with partial moonlight ...didn't even set up the camera which was in the car next to me! :shocked:

Let's hope things pick up tonight ...maybe going to be a late peak this year? :huh:

Good luck and clear skies everyone!

About 10 so far, one good one and only glanced the best of 'em. Looking forward to waking the missus a bit later if it's still clear and we can play that fun old game of one saying "WOW!!" while the other misses it :grin:

Have been outside myself tonight for a while. It is a lovely clear evening in Halifax and luckily I am blessed with a great east facing back garden, so I have managed to see quite a few meteors tonight. Next door but one were outside watching the shower themselves. Excellent.....

seen about 15 no ISS though my app must have got it wrong :huh: still just seen 3 very good ones left a huge trail behind them so that made up for it :smiley:

Saw the ISS pass over around 21:30hrs, so figure it's due for a repeat about now.

Saw the ISS pass over around 21:30hrs, so figure it's due for a repeat about now.

My ISS Spotter app shows it just passing Montreal now but then hits Europe near Bilbao might be a bit to far south to see it

Archived