Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseids 2013

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen any the last few nights but then I've only been out sporadically.

Don't forget for those who have poor weather you can still listen to the meteor echoes via http://spaceweatherradio.com/ and can also watch the live view from the N.L.O http://www.meteorsca...eteor-live.html

So you're a sporadic meteor observer then Jarrod? :grin:

Got this one very close to the radiant on Wednesday night - totally by accident, just a single shot, I was trying to get a nice shot of Perseus over the hill. I usually leave the camera clicking away for an hour or two to catch a Perseid, with no luck!

post-22965-0-94324400-1376252962_thumb.j

Hope we get clear skies tonight. Think the forecast is better for tomorrow night.

Pete

I caught three earlier this evening over 5 minutes around 22:30hrs, but the sky has given way to high mackerel clouds which are reflecting a lot of light. Still a glimpse is better than nothing and I've not totally given up yet!

This evenings results.....

Spotted by me...........4

Spotted by the group.........15

Captured on camera by me............0

Other captures.........

Multiple plane...

Satellites..........4

IRIDIUM FLARES......1 :cool: :cool: This is a first for me. Will process the images tomorrow.

I am not having much luck either, the skies have got very clouded over the last few days but tonight's forecast is good (if I can trust it). Last night the cloud started coming in while the ISS was crossing overhead, and things got worse after that, I did not even get a chance to see M13.

Fngers crossed for tonight, I am probably going to be up until 0100am and hope that is long enough.

Rubbish, weather was perfect but only saw 4 up to about 2am then fell asleep.

Just about to check the camera and see what that has.

edit: Failure, I only have 4 pictures. Either the camera only took 4 which I would find surprising as it was flat this morning or my darks have over written them.

Extremely disappointed. :(

Not that I believe any of them, but both 7timer and the Met office are predicting clear skies for me in Bembridge!

Scopes all setup and ready and the deckchair and bins are ready to hand - now all we need is a proper show :)

Not that I believe any of them, but both 7timer and the Met office are predicting clear skies for me in Bembridge!

Scopes all setup and ready and the deckchair and bins are ready to hand - now all we need is a proper show smile.gif

That is being organised.:)

It would be nice to get the chance to leave the camera running for a couple of hours.

That is being organised. :)

Not quite - I left everything setup/parked last night with a cover over the scope! Just need to reconnect the electricity. It will be a whole lot simpler once the obsy is completed.

Sadly I don't have any wide angled imaging kit available for catching the meteors - but the bins and deckchair should afford a good view of the sky between kicking off imaging runs on the 200P.

I thought I did, I got 4 subs and not 400 like I was hoping.

I have had a similar problem when doing three minute runs with my 1000d. Not sure I have it sorted yet but it was suggested that I turn off in camera noise reduction and make sure it is only set for RAW. Hopefully I will find out later if it will retain all shots.

Archived