Afternoon form Brixton, London

whizzbang

Hi all,

Long time lurker just joined, was too tempted by the FLO clearance sale.

Been observing/imaging for around a year now, mainly form the back garden in Brixton.

Have a NEQ6 and Altair Astro 102 f7 and a couple of CCDs.

look forward to becoming an active board memner, dont worry I have plenty of stupid questions lined up.

Bye for now

Russ

PS i also cannot seem t edit my posts, so apologies for any typos present, I have a clinical condition called 'sausage fingers' luckily im not a heart surgeon..... :grin:

Hi Russ,

Welcome to the SGL. As you are London based, if you fancy hanging out with a bunch of like minded individuals, perhaps you can join the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers (more info here. http://www.bakerstreetastro.org.uk/ )? We meet once a month (though there are other events as well), at the Hub in Regents Park for an informal star party. No need to drag your scope across London if you do not fancy it as many others do, and it is completely free.

Clear skies,

PS i also cannot seem t edit my posts, so apologies for any typos present, I have a clinical condition called 'sausage fingers' luckily im not a heart surgeon..... :grin:

That condition has never stopped anyone being a heart surgeon as far as I am aware. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Was going to mention Baker Street Mob but an EQ6 isn't an easily transportable item.

Have you an alternative mount to use for casual viewing ?

Assuming that you wanted to locate the place and visit with a scope one day.

As to editing, have to read everything twice before hitting the Post button.

That only minimises typo's doesn't eliminate them.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived