NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello,

Last night I finally got a longer usb cable for my camera which meant that I could have a good attempt at the space station.

I tried an initial pass, wrote down all the settings I had used in flycap, shutter speed/frame rate etc and then adjusted the settings for the next pass.

This was taken with a skywatcher 200p at f/5 (no barlow although I might try it with a barlow later) and point grey firefly mono.

Very happy with the outcome!

Upscaled and cropped. The background is messy although I dont want to fiddle with it too much.

post-26081-0-48485600-1370359082_thumb.p

Dan

Thanks guys!

Excellent. How did you track it?

I set it recording then grab the ota with both hands and look through the telrad.

Its quite exciting but as it approaches the zenith it becomes very uncomfortable!

Dan

I found it easier to turn the mount round so that the North leg was facing South , gives you a little more room to manoeuvre on a high pass.

Thinking of making a temporary 'rough' pier especially for this target , doesn't need to be very clever as it's a 'seat of the pants' exercise and needs no alignment .

Going to be attempting it again soon with the Mak180 , should be interesting to see if I can even get it on the chip . . . :p

Nice one!

If it stays clear enough tonight, I'll be fettling the collimation on my C8 in readiness for the zenith flypast shortly after midnight. Can't decide whether to have a crack with the webcam, or to stick with the DSLR even though it can only shoot at 1fps.

Wow thanks again for all the amazing comments :smiley: !

I set up last night for another ISS shot but the clouds came in immediately before the pass.

I stayed up for the ATV pass incase the clouds cleared but no luck :embarassed: .

I'll be going for the 2 later tonight no barlow or barlow I'm not sure yet (bit of a wuss :tongue: )

Dan

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm working a night shift tonight so I'll be having a look.

Might even take my camera and tripod and have a play.

Strangely, as if by magic, my break times tonight coincide exactly with ISS passes :D

A good few years ago I was lucky to catch a Shuttle playing catch-up with ISS. They were only a couple of minutes apart. Great to see.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm working a night shift tonight so I'll be having a look.

Might even take my camera and tripod and have a play.

Strangely, as if by magic, my break times tonight coincide exactly with ISS passes :D

A good few years ago I was lucky to catch a Shuttle playing catch-up with ISS. They were only a couple of minutes apart. Great to see.

Maybe 2 years ago, I was sea fishing with a mate at night and saw the ISS and Shuttle; it had separated from the ISS, ready to come back to Earth. Awesome sight!

by the way, the shot of the iss is great.

Archived