Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Kew

hairycrab

Thought I'd introduce myself as I've been lurking here for the past 6 months. My name is Nik, from Malaysia but working in London. I bought a used Nexstar 6SE a couple of weeks ago after months of researching (can't decide which one 6SEvs8SEvsETX125 and usedvsnew). I chose 6SE due to the good reviews and portability. I played around with it a couple of times during the first week I got it, but only last night (4.00 am) I did proper observing. M42/M43 and M50 was amazing! (although they didn't look like magazine photos) I tried to look for horsehead but with a 6" aperture I know it is impossible. Since I was observing out of the window of my flat, there was a limit to what I can see. One of these days I'll probably try and take the Nexstar out to the front lawn.

I only used the stock 25mm E-Lux Plossl eyepiece. I'm thinking my next purchases will be Hyperion Zoom 8-24mm (is this a good idea or should I go the prime route?) and a LPR/UHC filter.

Anyway, I've accomplished what I set out to do since I was a kid, so clear skies to everybody (although forecast is not so good this week!)

Archived