Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observing Session 13/4/13

Matthew

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to come along. That looks like a fantastic observing spot...

Its a great location, nice and level, with ample parking for a fair sized group.

Edit: By the way, welcome to the South Wales group. :smiley:

Can anyone attend? I am a complete novice and wouldn't mid a few pointers :)

The sessions are open to everyone ( that includes people from outside the Valleys Group )

I'd like to come along. That looks like a fantastic observing spot...

It is a superb site the skies are pretty dark and you have great views in all directions.If your coming up from somewhere like Cardiff wheres theres bad light pollution your in for a treat :smiley: .

The forecast isnt great for the weekend but you never know theres always a chance.

Should be able to join you all for the 1st time tomorrow evening - if I can find the place.

I know there's common sense that if its pelting down with rain etc, but in a 50/50 case, Is there someone responsible to officially(?) announce if the viewing session is on or not? I dont want to make the trip to find I'm on my own ...

If there is, will that be made in this thread? Is there a certain time say an hour in advance of the start that we can check in and see if its happening?

Thanks in advance.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Watch this thread. Mathew or Pat will give an update a few hours before the meet, as to weather its is a Go or Not.

Edit: If you are unsure of how to get to the site, one of us could meet you at the ASDA parking lot in Brynmawr; by the recycle bins. We usually show up about an hour or two before dark to set up. It can get cold up there, so extra warm clothing and a hat would be good to bring.

Archived