Greetings from Cheshire

aysee

Hello Everyone

I'm a newbie proto-amateur astronomer from Cheshire. Have been interested in the universe for some time but viewing the sky and just barely catching the northern lights in Iceland late last year flipped a switch in my brain :) I need more....

I've recently bought a Skywatcher 130P, RA motor, a bunch of EPs and some Binos, and am really happy with my new gear! Due to the horrendous weather they've only been out a few nights but i've seen some awesome views of the moon and Jupiter in that short time.

I chose to try to learn to walk before I run and start with the basics. From what i've already seen i'm in this for the long haul!

Cheers all,

Aysee.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, welcome aboard, sounds like your on the right track. You will be surprised what you can see with a 130 and its small enough to get it in the car and to some dark skies. If the cloud ever goes away.

Planning a trip to Iceland myself this year to catch the northern lights, fingers crossed.

Hi Aysee and welcome to the lounge, the beauty of astronomy is the more you scan the sky the more you learn,

and there is a lot to take in, you will definitely learn a lot here in the lounge, people are very helpful, if you get stuck

just ask, someone will have the answer.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Thanks for the warm welcome all. Yeah. already got a slowly expanding library :) Turn Left at Orion, Backyard Astronomer's Guide(awesome read!), A bunch of Sky at Night mags etc, I'm a long-time stellarium user too.

Just need to save up for that weather control sattelite and i'm set :)

Archived