Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mad,crazy,loopy,nuts,barmy,silly...etc

estwing

finderscope for a telementor/telemator has just been sold on ebay for £192.75 now if this isn't crazy i don't know what is...i thought about it at £70 then it went abit nuts...just bonkers

This is all getting out of sight :grin: do you think when they bought it that it was an impulse purchase or did they planet ? :grin:

Pig, do you sense a shepherds crook approaching your neck from the wings? Lol

I recall awhile back, when a friend of mine wanted a magazine for rare firearm he had, and saw one at a gunshow; the price was astronomical. He tried to negotiate what he thought was a very good counter offer, but the guy on the table grinned, shook his head, and calmly said............ " You want it, I got it ". This seems to be the way of the world with propriety items.

Zeiss items are coveted, and it would seem rare to find a Telemator without its finder. Of course,there are those who canabalizie and sell scope parts to make maximum proffit, still, this allows many of us to purchase what we need to complete our own kits; although at a higher price. On the plus side, unlike a lot of astronomy equipment, Zeiss items will hold their value into the future; and remember, with Zeiss, "upgrading" was an unnecessary word in the vocabulary.

A hundred and ninety odd pounds "is" a lot of money, but then how many people would lose the same amount, or more gambling on a race ? Got to say, I don't see anyone driving a Ferrarri at the betting offices. I think the purchaser of the finder is the happy winner today; unfortunately, it wasn't me.

Edit; I agree, it still sounds like a crazy price, but what isn't nowadays ?

I must add I have a disliking for the term "supply and demand" and eveything it stands for, unless of course it is me doing the supplying and demanding a high price :laugh:

I recall awhile back, when a friend of mine wanted a magazine for rare firearm he had, and saw one at a gunshow; the price was astronomical. He tried to negotiate what he thought was a very good counter offer, but the guy on the table grinned, shook his head, and calmly said............ " You want it, I got it ". This seems to be the way of the world with propriety items.

Zeiss items are coveted, and it would seem rare to find a Telemator without its finder. Of course,there are those who canabalizie and sell scope parts to make maximum proffit, still, this allows many of us to purchase what we need to complete our own kits; although at a higher price. On the plus side, unlike a lot of astronomy equipment, Zeiss items will hold their value into the future; and remember, with Zeiss, "upgrading" was an unnecessary word in the vocabulary.

A hundred and ninety odd pounds "is" a lot of money, but then how many people would lose the same amount, or more gambling on a race ? Got to say, I don't see anyone driving a Ferrarri at the betting offices. I think the purchaser of the finder is the happy winner today; unfortunately, it wasn't me.

Edit; I agree, it still sounds like a crazy price, but what isn't nowadays ?

..all summed up very nicely mate..

Archived