Hello......

Line-21

New member from south Yorkshire.

Just starting out on this hobby for my son and I........

Reading just about everything I can at the moment to get a good idea of what scopes are out there. It seems the dobsonians are best 'bang for buck' so will do a little more reading on beginner set up's.

Also found a couple of local clubs to check out, but the open sessions seem to have been hit by the weather......

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi welcome to the lounge, take your time and learn the night sky first, then consider what type of scope you need,

planetary, deep sky objects or all aspects of astronomy, including astro photography there is so much to take in,

that was the first advice I was given, I am glad I took the advice, so if you can, take your time, don't rush it.

All the best and Good Luck.

Welcome to SGL. I hope you get to visit some successful events. The weather plays havoc with us stargazers at times, but one very good night of viewing can make up for a lot of cloudy nights especially if it is at a star party.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Shame about the public observation sessions because these events really do provide a lot of insight as to what you can see for those who are starting out and who are naturally a little unsure as to what kit to buy.

Wishing you clearer skies soon and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Archived