Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Checking in.......

Tim

Hey.

My name is Tim, I live bang in the centre of the country (Coventry), am 37 years old, and manage a garden centre.

Have always enjoyed stargazing, since being a little lad in Wales, where you quite literally couldn't see a hand in front of your face. Earlier in the year I purchased the ultimate accessory for naked eye star gazing, which enables one to lie on your back, in 37c warmth, in total comfort for hours on end. The number of 'shooting stars' etc we have seen this way has been awesome.

I bought my boy a cheapy scope about a year ago, and remember being blown away by the moon. Then on those lovely clear nights early on this year, just a pair of binos at pleiades and m42 was awe inspiring. Even pointing my old kodak digicam 3.2mp cam at the sky for 1 min exposures captured some prettty impressive pics, sp my appetite has been whetted for something more.

Not to mention those fabulous images that Steve from cambridgeshire has been showing me........really get the juices flowing. After the hot tub, there was no money for a scope, but then nice mr MD has given me a substantial raise last month, so Im keen to treat myself to something nice. Hopefully will be taking a look at Steves kit in a week or two, but want to start out right.

I look forward to chatting with you guys over the future weeks, but have a very busy schedule, so may not be too regular in posting, but be assured I will be lurking!!

Cheers

TJ

:nono: Have I mentioned, how I hate people like you. I quote. "Earlier in the year I purchased the ultimate accessory for naked eye star gazing, which enables one to lie on your back, in 37c warmth, in total comfort for hours on end" Thats no way to star gaze. Go and get an ex army fleece lined solar paneled survival suit. Then you can join all us other that are freezing when we go out into the cosmos. Still welcome to the site. Look forward to further transmission from your centraly heated up above the clouds observatory.

All the best Nigel

Archived