NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M95 and 96, ODK14.

ollypenrice

We've had disappointing skies by local standards hence a lack of data for this one. This has had 6.5 hours, I think the shortest Yves and I have posted from his 14 inch. All subs 15 minutes, Lum with 11 and the colours with 5 each.

Mesu Mount 200/ODK14/SXV H36 mono.

Focusing is much easier now we have a Starsharp Bahtinov to fit the big boy. We can see the difference.

Olly

M96%20M95%20FIN%20WEB-L.jpg

M95%20CROP%20web-L.jpg

M96%20CROP%20WEB-L.jpg

Horrible, hate the look of them... Oh wait Photoshop, Control+ "I" to inverse ... I mean smashing. Lovely pics. The detail is super, I like the colour of the cores in both galaxies. The background looks very smooth and the star colour is spot on, so I don't think you need anymore data.

Great job.

T.

Beautiful shot....great detail and lovely colour.

There's a little background noise, but I suspect this is more from the way the images appear on SGL's server than anything else, as I noticed the same on the image I recently posted.

Great stuff Olly :smiley:

Cheers

Rob

Beautiful shot....great detail and lovely colour.

There's a little background noise, but I suspect this is more from the way the images appear on SGL's server than anything else, as I noticed the same on the image I recently posted.

Great stuff Olly :smiley:

Cheers

Rob

Cheers Rob,

The noise is certainly lower on my monitors even just comparing with the view on SmugMug. Good excuse and one I'll be trotting out regularly!!

Olly

Excellent image, lovely colours and composure.. I love galaxies and am looking forward to more from you and Yves this Spring..

I would be nice to see a higher res image link posted :)

Excellent image, lovely colours and composure.. I love galaxies and am looking forward to more from you and Yves this Spring..

I would be nice to see a higher res image link posted :)

Sure. The full image is reduced in size on my gallery site but the (almost) full res crops are here;

http://ollypenrice.s...wCXHpD&lb=1&s=O

http://ollypenrice.s...Wwp7v4&lb=1&s=O

Olly

Archived