Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party 2013

Matthew

I've been trying to book but when I said what pitch David was on & the dates she said there's no one on that pitch so I'm a bit confused..... :embarassed: I'll try again later once David gets back to me just to see what's going on.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good job you're on the ball tich :grin: I've just phoned the campsite and they are re-seeding a lot of the pitches so we've all been moved as follows :

Mr Flibble - pitch 10 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

Lennylovit - pitch 25 - 3rd, 4th, 5th

Freff - pitch 12 - 3rd, 4th, 5th

Steve I haven't got your surname so I couldn't check your pitch but I think you may be on pitch 11 or 13 - pm sent.

Tony I assume I've been moved onto your original pitch to maybe accomodate other non-astro bookings.

At the moment the following pitches are free - 5, 6, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16. If anyone isn't happy with their pitch I would give the campsite a ring and see if you can be moved. If you can let me know that'd be great.

I'm at Pencelli Castle at present spending 7 nights chillaxing. The last two nights have had long spells of cloud free skies. With no Moon at present the sky is pitch black and it feels though you could reach up and pick out the stars. I can't wait until next month to get the scopes up here.

I bought an extension/porch for the tent, giving a lot more room for when the other half wants to camp. So this week is testing time.

@ Dave..... yes I move to pitch 12 as it was nearer to the rest of the group as I thought at the time. I'm not sure why anyone has actually move pitches, my pitch at present is pitch 12 and being reseeded as I type. All they have done is cordoned off the seeded area and moved me forward onto fresh grass. ( better )

If there are any queries let me know and I'll try and sort them whilst I'm here. (until Friday)

Here's a few piccies to wet your appetites.

post-7131-0-42462500-1378643310_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-00330800-1378643343_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-77371300-1378643572_thumb.jp

Lenny, just been for a recce and 25 is next but one pitch up from me and Dave is the same the other way. We can ALL be on the same piece of ground f there is enough room for us. The warden read out the names of those booked in but I don't know any ones surname to be of help. PM me if anyone wants to share any details regarding names etc.

Bah!!! can't get through now I'll try later if not I'll try again tomorrow. I'll make a note of the pitches that you've been moved to so hopefully I can be nearby in the mystery machine :p

what shelter is every one taking exactly? ordered my replacement towbar part now! found a nice little popup camper as well (but cant get it till towbar comes)

but i dont want to book anything (just yet) till i know it all falls into place!

Thanks Lenny I will, the police have caught the guy that stole my equipment so he,s on in court later this month and I have a claim in for compo so getting it then. I was just wondering though its niggling in the back of my head would a lesser mount be ok? reason I,m asking I only ever plan to use something along the lines of an ED80 type scpoe plus a dslr. I know I want get a big scope (unless i win the lottery) if i got the EQ5 i could get the scope as well. Do you see my dillema lol

Whoo hoo booked at last 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th then going home on the 6th. Had so much Rubbish going on lately with the car didn't think I were going to make it, of course when I say car I mean shed but the damn thing skint me. Still a couple of small jobs to do as it's MOT time coming up relatively soon but I just might leave those jobs until I get back. Looking forward to catching up just need to find room for my stuff now!!! :icon_scratch: They've shoved me on a hard standing pitch near you I'm guessing it's 33 but will know when I get there. Hopefully there will be no dramas this time!!

Hi Tich, pitch 33 is not very close. If I was you I'd ask for 4,5 or 6 which are hard standings opposite the main group. Check out http://www.pencelli-...s/Site Plan.pdf . HTH

I've just looked at the plan again & 33 I believe is a grass pitch so it looks like I'll be going where I were before which was pitch 5.

I will ring them back tomorrow to confirm this.

Great news Tich, I'll give you a hand unfolding the mystery machine when you arrive. Hopefully the first couple of nights will be a bit drier than last year!!

Ah yes I remember the rain well I'll bring a bucket just in case you need bailing out :p A hand will be great to unfold the mystery machine too & then I'll get the kettle on. What ime are you planning to be there David?

mystery machine.... ooo sounds ominos..

im hoping to get my little camper tomorrow/thursday. when ringing up what do i need to say?

Ah the mystery machine the name that Matt gave it at SGL7 cant imagine why

305292_10150355230518434_1879510792_n.jpg

I mean the decor is tasteful ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, honest lol

487398_10151404468308434_1847912726_n.jpg

A piccie from last year parked next to Dave (Firefox)

6322_10151406722273434_1808163941_n.jpg

Well it is 32 years old but I love it :grin:

I guess you can just ask them about the condition of the camper like:

What are the tyres & brakes like? Ask about the condition of the canvas to make sure there's no mildew. Mind you if you can get to see it then you can get to see what it's like to set up & you can see it in the flesh so to speak.

As long as there's no damp & it has everything you should be ok.

If you have a look at some threads on UKcampsite then you might be able to find out some more hints & tips.

a folding camper! i like the look of them but the size inside is a little restrictive for me. im getting a hard top popup :) iv been looking at these before, the one im getting is a 1982 starcraft starfire xl1706 :) iv seen photos of it but its going to be a little project i think but im happy with projects:) just keep letting too many of them build up!

Mine is a folding caravan as it has hard sides & no canvas apart from awnings that can be put on both sides, it's a Rapido Export & its French made, its weird & wacky bit like it's owner lol.

It does fold down to a nice size though where storage is at a bit of a premium here.

374264_10150378804908434_1559098195_n.jpg

It does for me :grin:

I've heard of Starcraft campers I think they were made in Canada so make sure everything is there & working as parts may be hard to source. Although folk that have owned them haven't had any major issues with them by some of the posts I've read about them in the past.

Archived