NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party 2013

Matthew

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't managed to book yet but will do soon as I've still got stuff to sort out like getting out the red lol.. but I'm getting there slowly. It will be good to catch up with you & meet you all again though. :grin:

I haven't managed to book yet but will do soon as I've still got stuff to sort out like getting out the red lol.. but I'm getting there slowly. It will be good to catch up with you & meet you all again though. :grin:

• 5 weeks later...

Which one did you buy Lenny. I was selling my tent but was not allowed to post it in the classified section. It was classed as non astro. Here are some images of it. I have since bought a Vango Infinity 800.

post-7131-0-35240800-1372085861_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-02952700-1372085874_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-24385500-1372085885_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-96389500-1372085897_thumb.jp

Hi Tony got the HI GEAR ROCK 5 , sleeps 5 but you can take the divider out between the end for one big room, its only for occasional use and plenty big enough for me and mrs Lovit . just looked at Vango infinity WOW that looks cool as a cool thing :cool2: :cool2: Lenny

The HI GEAR ROCK 5 looks the job. Should be cosy in there. I went for the Vango Air Beam to do away with poles and spending half my time on my knees. Saves on the back. :grin:

• 1 month later...

Personal update. . .

Unfortunately we have to be out of town as expected, so I'll have to experience our star party vicariously from across the pond: so please everyone, when the time comes post lot's of photos, thanks. :smiley:

Dorothy & I hope to be here for next years event.

Cheers, and clear skies.

• 2 weeks later...

Just 6 weeks to go guys - not sure if the numbers have increased whilst I wasn't looking but thought I'd get the post live again

mr flibble - pitch 28 - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

stevetynant - pitch 27 - 4th, 5th

lennylovit - pitch 26 - 3rd, 4th, 5th

Freff - pitch 10 - 3rd, 4th, 5th

lol well i'll have to have the dog (next question is the camp site pet friendly?) as iv got no where at present to go and being as im barely 8 stone i feel the cold :( even with an airbed (have a double) and duvet im cold :( wher ei could have an electric blanket or a nice radiator on in the little trailer tent. the ones im thinking are i think the term, folding camper fairly old, but fairly cheap too and apparently a dream to tow:) just need the right tow bar now :(

If you mean the folding chairs that go in a bag then I know there's plenty of cheap one's out there. I brought one from Leicester years ago it's made by Hi Gear its got a high back so you've got somewhere to rest your head & it's pretty comfy for one of those type of folding chairs. Only downside is the mice got at it one winter to the bit where you'd put your beer has gone as well as a hole the little bleeders has done although I managed to patch that.

No it was a pub down the road we drove to on the Saturday Tony - we aimed to have a curry and come back but the pub was full of Morris dancers of all things so we had a quick balti and chips before they started doing their thing then the pub next door had a beer festival on and in the marquee with the beer was this guy playing guitar and singing. I could have stayed there all day to be honest but would have been in bed by 6pm - not exactly what you want when your planning to be up all night lol. There is another pub which we could walk to down from the camp site= which you probably know already - so hopefully we've got all the bases covered if we get clouded out lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived