Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Group Star Party 2013

Matthew

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ooooooooo you really picked a good date there guys..... 30ths by 25th! :p

iv never actually booked a camp site before........ as obviously last time i didnt need to. which pitch was i "on" last year? as i havent the foggiest where to go to be honest lol

Pitch 7 last time I think Gaz, here's the site plan.

Site Plan.pdf

I'm just booking Friday and Saturday nights Gaz, yes just give them a call and ask to reserve a pitch.I asked for pitch 27 I think as I remember where I was last year I was in the shade in the day. I asked to pay but the chap I spoke to said on the day was fine though I'll probably phone a month before just to confirm. He asked if I had been last year and my postcode and that was it sorted. Pub down the road, great facilities and showers fingers crossed now for the weather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Lol I had a bad experience with a 2 man once Steve lol never again :p. it involved the river next to us up the FOD bursting its banks.

Wondering if any one could help

Iv rang the camp site loads of times but never get any answer :( don't think they like me

If I PayPal money across and some ones booking it for them can they book mine too. I'm happy to give all my details ect. Would like a leccy and tent site if poss fri and sat :)

Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

What are the train connections like by the camp site? I'm no good with south and mid Wales, x

Hi Claire, its pretty non-existent for train access. As far as I know there's no train station in brecon which is the nearest town. Might have to get a train to abergavenny and then a bus to brecon. Its then a five minute drive out to the campsite. Much easier to drive the whole way if that's an option for you?

• 2 weeks later...

Well last year, which was the first one Tony there were 8 of us plus a few guests in the evening - a few people booked up before hand but dropped out for various reasons at the last minute - we don't know of course but I would guess when peoples enthusiasm builds up over the summer months there'll be similar numbers or judging by how well attended the Bleanavon meets have gone this year even more. Its a great site,excellent facilities, pub down the road and the skies are pretty good as well - we had a great time last year and got lucky with observing conditions over the weekend so fingers crossed it will be a great event this year aswel.

med_gallery_19097_2115_1633650.jpg

Thank for the images Steve. I recognize some of the faces from the Blaenavon meets, but not sure of everyone.

The site looks great, and this meet will give me the opportunity to try out my new Avango Infinity 800. :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Brecon today so I thought I'd take the opportunity to take a gander at Pencelli Caravan Site. I'm glad I did, what a cracking site it is. Well laid out with spacious pitches, and fabulous amenities.

The wife was suitably impressed, so we will probably use it during the summer for a few days as well as the SP in October.

Archived