NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello

bill2stan

Hi Guys,

I've been into astronomy on and off since about 2005 when I was able to buy an Orion XT10 Intelliscope (a push to). Working in Vienna, Austria for next couple of years so have left it in UK. Just about to buy a Celestron CPC 800 GPS.

I quite fancy taking some photos and have a Nikon DSLR - but believe may have to buy a wedge. Hope to get some advice.

All the Best , Bill

Hi Bill

A warm welcome to the SGL

The scope you are getting will need a wedge it is a lovely scope but is really better for viewing ,a Newtonion with a mount like

Celestion CGEM Computerised mount

and will take the weight of scope camera ect that will track the skies

any question please ask

clear skies

Doug

Hi Bill

A warm welcome to the SGL

The scope you are getting will need a wedge it is a lovely scope but is really better for viewing ,a Newtonion with a mount like

Celestion CGEM Computerised mount

and will take the weight of scope camera ect that will track the skies

any question please ask

clear skies

Doug

Hi Doug,

Been having second thoughts and have been considering the LX90 8" ACF, which you own - wondered what you thought of it. Idid consider the CGEM but it seems to attract a premium price out here in Vienna! Can get the LX90 8" ACF for just unfder 2000 Euros (normally 2500) so it seems a good deal. I've done a bit of research but for every 3 good reviews I read a post of someone who knows of problems - very frustrating.

I think primarily I want to view but would like to play around with photography (I know I will need a wedge and GEMs are better for serious AP) with my DSLR.

Would appreciate any views or even other suggestions.

Cheers,

Bill

Archived