o/ just saying hello from austria

tonedeaf

hello folks

after ghost reading the forums and joining (to enable the search function) i´m writing my first post...

for the history, after more then 10 years of abstinence i removed the dust from my old "konus" 114 f9 newton scope, and have found out that i needed more...

(the eq-2 mount was wobbly -> made a wooden tripod, was better but not enough)

and after the first tries in astrophotography i smelled blood...

on saturday i took my "to be" wife with me to the astroshop (i thought this would be my biggest mistake) just to look around ...okok i wanted a new toy.

ended up going out with an neq-6 goto and a skywatcher 80/600 ED with flattener and other stuff...

now with overpowered toys and low on astro-knowledge i try to recover all the things i missed the past decade =;O)

btw:

this forum is a great place *\o/*

ah yes my "old" equipment :eek:

post-27798-0-07770200-1361189152_thumb.j

thanks for the warm welcome...

just wanted a normal frac -> maybe the 120/600 or smaller, just to compensate the time ´till the neq-6 and a gso rc 8" upgrade...

but then the salesman meant that a ED 80/600 would be better (big grin on my face) and at least an eq-3 mount...

so my girlfriend looked at me and said "when you gonna by that eq-6 thingy anyways, why not now..." (even bigger grin on my face, i know why i love that woman)

but for the first things i have to get accustomed to the PA (my old mount hadn´t a polarscope), fiddle with pc-software...

...i see the nights passing by :p

but for the first things i have to get accustomed to the PA (my old mount hadn´t a polarscope), fiddle with pc-software...

...i see the nights passing by :p

Welcome.

Check out Alignmaster PA software- Its amazing.

Hi Tonedeaf and welcome to SGL, looks like you have a good lady there, I could see my wife supporting the acquisition of such nice gear if I went into an Astronomy outlet :eek: as you are going over to the dark side, an essential extra purchase should be a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" most have found it an invaluable asset when starting out. See FLO top of page for details, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

thanks to all the good advises...

..."every photon counts" is on my "to aquire" list :grin:

tomorow it looks like the skies are going to clear up...

so i´ll try to prepare the stuff...for a first light.

and after that i´ll install stellarium and will try to connect it to the mount/handset (but this will be a thing for other topics)

also i bought yesterday a mains adapter...but silly me (it´s a laptop adapter), i have looked at all the voltages, took one and after opening i saw it was a wrong one (15-19V) -> ok the neq manual says up to 15V, but under load it delivers 15,1V :huh:

so in the next week i will possibly build a fixed voltage regulator down to 12V...

so many things to do, and no time... :cool:

Archived