Hello from Brighouse, West Yorks

dbs

Hi all

Like a lot of folk, I've had an interest in astronomy since childhood, when I started with a pair of 10x50 tascos, and then progressed to a homemade 4inch reflector (not made by me, but by a member of the Batley and Spenborough Astronomical Society whose observatory I used to visit, where I incidentally managed to catch a glimpse of Haley's comet, age 10).

A good few years later, my interest in astronomy has been rekindled with a bresser 70/700, and much more recently, after (unwisely???) skipping at least 2 intermediary scopes, a second hand 10" Meade lx90 LNT! I've only managed to use it on a couple of occasions since I bought it a couple of weeks ago, but am impressed by what I've seen so far.

As it didn't come with a diagonal, and only one run of the mill 20mm plossl, i'm currently using some of the kit that came with the bresser. Next step is to spend a little bit more money very wisely indeed, so any suggestions are very welcome.

Ben

Archived