Hello from Argentina

kabeza

Hi guys

I'm Enrique from Argentina

I've started with astrophotography with a group of friends. I've been reading a lot, but I need more practise.

I live at 300km from "Moon's Valley" or "Valle de la Luna" in San Juan

I own a Canon 1100D, with std. 18-55mm lens kit, but looking forward and saving to get the IS USM 70-300

A friend has the Meade DS 2130 and Canon Powershot SX30 attached so we usually gather all the equipment at weekends to share new tips, etc.

We're still trying to find how to align telescope at night without moon (new moon) but guess I'll have to do more research

Greets.,

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Double Kick Drum

What can I say about my Canon 1100D? I just love it. I know it is not the best out there, but it is too much for my needs. And it is the best I could get for my budget (take it Nikon D3100 lol). I have it since June/12, but now I realize I need to get a couple more lens so I can make it better. 50mm 1.8 and 70-300 IS USM. This will make it usable for most of my needs. The best part is that IT HAS SUPPORT FOR MAGIC LANTERN firmware!!!

Thanks @ The Sailor , @MarkSix , @Marki , @Mr Flibble , @luigis (LOL but you're right) , @bunnygod1 , @ JamesM , @ Rich MedRev , @ Catweazel for the welcome. I'm sure I'll enjoy the stay

Hi Enrique, and welcome.

Looking forward to seeing some images of the sky at your end of the world!

I've uploaded some beginner ones already in my gallery, but hope this weekend to get better ones now that I've learned more about focusing, etc. Those are without learning anything about AP

Archived