Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit PRO Triplet Refractors

FLO

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FLO, are you going to take pre orders on them like you are with the new mounts?

If you let me do that i won't end up spending my money on something much less exciting..  :shocked:

We have requested an update from Skywatcher. We 'think' the Skywatcher Esprit-80 are already on a boat sailing to the UK but we want confirmation before we go to the next level. We also need a price. Once we have that we will definitely be accepting pre-orders. Promise  :icon_salut:

We should have some news for you later today or tomorrow morning :smiley:

Steve

We have requested an update from Skywatcher. We 'think' the Skywatcher Esprit-80 are already on a boat sailing to the UK but we want confirmation before we go to the next level. We also need a price. Once we have that we will definitely be accepting pre-orders. Promise  :icon_salut:

We should have some news for you later today or tomorrow morning :smiley:

Steve

Awesome, thanks! I look forward to it. Hopefully they are on a boat. Looks like the quality of Christmas presents to my family will be dramatically reduced this year  :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Regarding the lack of Skywatcher flattener for the Esprit-120, we think it likely Skywatcher will produce one (they have for the other models) but until then we are recommending the Hotech SCA Field Flattener which works very well indeed with the Esprit-120. And for peace of mind we are offering to accept the Hotech flattener back at full value against a Skywatcher flattener (if/when it is released) within 12-months of purchase :angel:

Skywatcher have just released a dedicated Skywatcher Field Flattener for the Esprit-120ED triplet refractor :smiley: 

We have added it to our website and will post spacing and imaging circle dimensions as soon as we receive them. 

skywatcher_flattener_for_esprit_120.jpg

We have added it to our website and will post spacing and imaging circle dimensions as soon as we receive them. 

The imaging circle is 44mm and the distance is 75mm from mating surface. That will surely please anyone wanting to use both a filter wheel and Off Axis Guider :smiley:

I take it you're sure of that Steve :D  We were led to believe there was 75mm from the mating surface with the 80ED but it turned out to be from the back element (about 20mm further in) :(

BTW the forecast is for a few hours of clear sky tonight so I might just be able to do some proper imaging at last :D

I take it you're sure of that Steve :D  We were led to believe there was 75mm from the mating surface with the 80ED but it turned out to be from the back element (about 20mm further in) :(

BTW the forecast is for a few hours of clear sky tonight so I might just be able to do some proper imaging at last :D

Yes.. as I was reading Steve's post I had "lets go round again" ringing in my ears... (for those old enough to remember the Average White Band) :grin:

Not by us you weren't :wink:

We have only ever quoted the correct spacing requirements  :angel:

It is definitely 75mm from mating surface (it is supplied with a spacer for use with a DSLR camera). 

Interesting scope, the 120!

Now, what reducers do you (Steve) think would be good with it if one wants to go down in F a bit? Is this an in-stock item?

/per

The William Optics AFR-IV 0.8x reducer/flattener is a good match for the Esprit-120, but other options are available. 

The Esprit-120 is currently in stock. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• 5 weeks later...

Here we go again...

(Thanks to Steve Ward) I've at last found the Esprit 80 Manual (not supplied with the scope!)

http://ca.skywatcher.com/upfiles/en_download_caty01390352180.pdf

However, on page 8 the flattener spacing is quoted as:

"The 61mm distance is measured from the edge
marking the start of the male thread on the field
flattener, to the CCD sensor "

So not the 54.9mm we had settled on?

This is from the m66 thread on the field flattener itself. in using the M66 to M48 adapter, that adds 6(6.1)mm so brings it back to 55(54.9) mmm. Thats how I read it

John

So I am loosing the plot then ?

Been too wet to take a trip out the the obsy to measure again. Whatever I've got it works with the 314,s but thinking of getting larger sensor when FLO have the adapters made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived