NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Esprit PRO Triplet Refractors

FLO

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ladies and Gentlemen, The 80mm Triplet F5 has arrived. Sky-Watcher gave their permission to release it to me. I just have to go and pick it up this week.

Would you be the same individual who posted something similar on the refractor forum on Cloudy Nights? Am looking forward to seeing some un-boxing pictures, first light reports and more detailed thoughts over the coming months.

Would you be the same individual who posted something similar on the refractor forum on Cloudy Nights? Am looking forward to seeing some un-boxing pictures, first light reports and more detailed thoughts over the coming months.

Yes I am. I will give you a report as soon as I got it in my hands.

I think we have enough information to add the new Skywatcher Esprit 80 ED Triplet to our website.

If we receive an official ETA or UK retail price we will start a new thread here in the Sponsor Section :smiley:

If you would like to receive an email when the telescope becomes available please click on the 'Notify me...' button.

skywatcher_esprit_80_ed_notify.JPG

So will you be taking pre-order deposits like you are with the EQ8? It seems like scope is getting closer to being released in some sort of volume?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The news i got from SW is that yes, production is ramping up and it will available soonish in high quantity. I have time today to go and pick it up so I will take picture of the unboxing. Of course there is heavy rain for the next fews day so first light will have to wait.

The news i got from SW is that yes, production is ramping up and it will available soonish in high quantity. I have time today to go and pick it up so I will take picture of the unboxing. Of course there is heavy rain for the next fews day so first light will have to wait.

Look forward to seeing those pictures.

So will you be taking pre-order deposits like you are with the EQ8? It seems like scope is getting closer to being released in some sort of volume?

The news i got from SW is that yes, production is ramping up and it will available soonish in high quantity.

High quantity? That will be a first...

We should be careful not to assume what happens in Canada will mirror what happens here in the UK. The UK model will enter production soon so should be here on our shelves this Autumn. Sorry if that response frustrates more than informs, we would like to say more but must focus our attention on Skywatcher's plans for the UK.

When Skywatcher's UK importer releases a price we will begin accepting pre-orders, as we now do with the Skywatcher EQ8 mount.

HTH,

Steve :smiley:

We should be careful not to assume what happens in Canada will mirror what happens here in the UK. The UK model will enter production soon so should be here on our shelves this Autumn. Sorry if that response frustrates more than informs, we would like to say more but must focus our attention on Skywatcher's plans for the UK.

When Skywatcher's UK importer releases a price we will begin accepting pre-orders, as we now do with the Skywatcher EQ8 mount.

HTH,

Steve :smiley:

Yes sorry Steve. UK distribution might be different then in NA. you have to excuse my excitement. I've been waiting for quite sometime for mine.

Looks good, nice to see a R&P focuser. The lens cell looks meaty with a big diameter compared to the glass. Hopefully well designed with collomation in mind.

Mounting via a tube shoe rather than rings as well?

Please keep us all updated with reviews etc.

Thanks

Stu

Yes sorry Steve. UK distribution might be different then in NA. you have to excuse my excitement. I've been waiting for quite sometime for mine.

No need to apologise to me and please don't think I am being negative :smiley: I am as keen as everyone else to read your review of the new Esprit-80. It just makes me a little nervous when one is released ahead of the official production run. Hopefully you will be impressed and your review will give us a useful indication of what we can expect here in the UK.

Steve

No need to apologise to me and please don't think I am being negative :smiley: I am as keen as everyone else to read your review of the new Esprit-80. It just makes me a little nervous when one is released ahead of the official production run. Hopefully you will be impressed and your review will give us a useful indication of what we can expect here in the UK.

Steve

I think SW has a winner on their hand. It very high quality from what I am experienced. I am waiting for the sky to clear up and I will share some fits so you guys can make you own impression.

I am seriously interested in purchasing a Skywatcher Esprit 150 apo, but cannot find any retailer in UK who has one in stock that I can view prior to purchase. I have read the AN review, but with all respect tend to be a bit cynical of magazine reviews along with many others. OVL confirms that they have them in their warehouse sealed in boxes, but not available to view. I have no reason to believe that they are not as described and good value compared to similar spec' triplets, but £4500 is a lot to shell out blind. If anyone out there knows otherwise I would appreciate their response. Regards to all. Bob.

I am seriously interested in purchasing a Skywatcher Esprit 150 apo, but cannot find any retailer in UK who has one in stock that I can view prior to purchase.

Unfortunately there aren't many astro showrooms in the UK and most of the ones who claim to be showrooms are not well stocked. The best showrooms are probably the Widescreen Centre in London and Green-Whitch in Birstall (West Yorkshire) but I will be surprised if they have an Esprit-150 on display at this time of year. June and July are the quietest months in the astro retail calendar (short nights) so we should forgive them if they carry less stock. And if they do have one then be prepared to pay a little extra because showrooms are costly things.

I have read the AN review, but with all respect tend to be a bit cynical of magazine reviews along with many others.

I understand your cynicism of magazine reviews (I recognise marketing when I see it) but they are not all biased and I feel Nik Szymanek's review was thorough and fair.

HTH,

Steve

Indeed, I doubt any astronomy equipment will ever be in high quantity, save maybe the 10mm / 25mm MAs supplied with Skywatcher telescopes :rolleyes:

Is the Espirit being supplied with a 9x50 RACI Finder (as pictured)?

I would hold off before buyin the Esprit 80 after my first light last night. I am not sure if I have a bad copy but the field curvature with the field flattener was absolutetly horrendous. The scope couldn't handle an STF-8300m camera let alone a full frame camera.

Oh dear, people will be reading this thread carefully over the next few weeks. A lot of people had very high hopes for this little scope (me included), lets hope it was a one off issue rather than a design issue.

Please keep the updates coming.

Thanks

Stu

I am as keen as everyone else to read your review of the new Esprit-80. It just makes me a little nervous when one is released ahead of the official production run ...

I would hold off before buyin the Esprit 80 after my first light last night. I am not sure if I have a bad copy but ....

I had a feeling this would happen.

I am not supposed to comment on what happens in other countries so I'll just say my advice is return the telescope and wait (like the rest of us) for a production model.

To readers who have landed here after an internet search, please understand Fogboundturtle has jumped the gun. He is not reviewing a production Esprit-80. The Esprit-80 will be ready for launch around Sept/October this year.

HTH,

Steve

I am seriously interested in purchasing a Skywatcher Esprit 150 apo, but cannot find any retailer in UK who has one in stock that I can view prior to purchase. I have read the AN review, but with all respect tend to be a bit cynical of magazine reviews along with many others. OVL confirms that they have them in their warehouse sealed in boxes, but not available to view. I have no reason to believe that they are not as described and good value compared to similar spec' triplets, but £4500 is a lot to shell out blind. If anyone out there knows otherwise I would appreciate their response. Regards to all. Bob.

I have a 150 mounted in my obsy at the moment, and I would be more than happy to make an arrangement with you to visit and take a good look at the scope. Suffice to say, everything I have asked of the scope to date it has accomplished with a flourish, I am really impressed with it. Nik's review is spot on. If I could change anything on the scope it would be to make the end cap a screw fit, and have three thumbscrews to hold the dewshield in place instead of two, not that the existing configuration has caused any problems whatsoever, i'm just being picky :)

Just send me a pm and we can fix something up if you like.

I'm in Coventry, the easiest place to get to in the UK :)

Cheers

Tim

Hi

Lets hope the production models are sorted. Skywatcher are capable of making some very good stuff so lets hope they rise to the challenge. I'm sure they will.

I've said this before but it does seem that small fast triplets always have a difficult birth don't they?

Thanks

Archived