Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from East Sussex

M00NMonkey

Hi all at SGL

This isn't my 1st post but thought Id come and introduce myself.

Im Jez. Chilli Farmer by day, Dreamer at night. Ordered my 1st scope yesterday, but have been looking at the skies in wonder since, well, forever.

The scope (SkyWatcher E 200p - Eq5) , which was due today in 2 parcels, has been separated :(

Not quite sure what is happening but hopefully will be here soon, but as the weather is so bad at the mo, guess i wouldn't be able to use it yet anyhow.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know y'all and sharing my astro-experiences!

Clear Skies!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and thanks all.

Damnut - hi, glad you said that, have done a lot of research and everything pointed to the SKE200p for my current budget

Double kick dream - Hi, its Mick Mcmax the man with the mix and the lunar simian Moon Monkey - no im afraid its a complete coinincidence, but the blast from the past was great! thanks :) haha

Harry - I will do a post on first experiences with the new scope (as and when it turns up and this blooming cloud cover dissipates) , and also a budget laser collimator i ordered from ebay (£23.90), had 91% on skyatnight

Hi Jez welcome to SGL, very popular choice you have made, good luck hope it arrives soon and you get some clear sky.

Hi Jez and welcome to the forum. Hope your parcels get reunited soon as that is a great set up to use - once the clouds clear!

Clear skies soon and enjoy the forum

James

Hi, quick update on the parcels....The mount has arrived!!! but no sign of the scope :huh:

Have just rung fedex and scope should be here tomo before noon. I dont mind the extra wait and the mount would be the 1st thing i setup anyhow. The only thing that worries me is the scope being in transit an extra day.....more time for it to be bashed about. but im sure everything will be fine.

An evening of setting up and fimiliarising myself with the eq5 will be a great distraction tho :grin:

Hi Jez and welcome from me too :)

I like chillies!!

Hi, I am glad at least one of you kind people likes chillies!! They come highly recommended to ALL astronomers. Especially the scotch bonnet. Great for fighting off the frost on these cold winter nights!! :laugh:

Archived