Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Worst weather I've ever seen...

Josh Wilson

Welcome to my world. I have given up complaining about the sky conditions, not that I am used to it. I have not been out with scope for a month + if these skies don't clear soon, I swear I will just have to wait even longer. My forecast for tonight was clear skies, but all I can see is clear clouds everywhere, that's all that is clear down my neck of the woods.

I took a look at my local sky chart this afternoon to see when the skies would clear up and I was devastated to find that my entire weekend observing would be shot. Here's the chart:

You won't get any sympathy around here mate :grin:

The last time I got out "properly" was the middle of November. I have seen Jupiter a few times since then, but even then it was hit and miss with cloud creeping in.

I took a look at my local sky chart this afternoon to see when the skies would clear up and I was devastated to find that my entire weekend observing would be shot. Here's the chart:

post-25144-0-86706300-1359072669_thumb.p

:clouds2:

It's pretty much been like that over here since the 6th of January. That's when I last observed.

Sorry Josh, you will usually have night skies that most of us can only dream about. Then again we have no killer bees, fire ants or black widow spiders (except in pet shops and the homes of the argueably insane). Maybe we have the better deal. :laugh: I hope your skies return to normal very soon. Now where is that insect killer? :evil:

Cheers,

Steve

havent been out with my scope since october attempted to bring the astrotrac out twice since then but its either clouded over by time its ticking over (havent got it all in one place) or started raining (with said clear sky) iv tried the bins 3 times since october, each no more than 10 mins either cos of above rain,cloud or its -5outside (which i know is nothing compared so some of you out there but your used to it!)

so your pretty lucky with that forcast! :p

Hehe, I spent half of the day setting up the guidescope and doing some scope DIY, hoping I could good view of M42. Clear skies with hope soon disappeared as the night fell. I literally had less than five minutes of the moon coming from behind the horizon...and then...bang!! Melted into the clouds...I put my EPs and cam back and called it a day.

I haven't had the chance to try out my Celestron 15x75 binoculars for God's sake ! I've had them for almost 2 weeks now.

According to the numerous weather sites I use, they all agree that i'll be getting clear skies for several hours tomorrow night!!!!! So 'hopefully' i'll be able to get First Light with my new Skywatcher 200p at long last (it's been polished to within an inch of its life over the last week) :shocked: Hope you get some luck soon mate.

Steve

Archived