NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just signed up!

Subaru

Hello out there, I am just getting back into astronomy after being distracted by work for 20 years or so. I used to be a regular sunspot recorder, tracked various variable stars and timed lunar occultations and satellite passes. I recently bought a bridge camera and have been getting a bit obsessed with lunar photography and am trying to track down some mylar film or similar to get some shots of the sun as well. I am an avid birdwatcher so have started using my spotting scope for some astro obs but am looking to invest in a skywatcher 127 or the like when funds allow.

When I work out how I'll put some of my moon photos on the site. If anyone can suggest a solar filter film of some kind I'd be grateful.

Cheers for now.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL.

Plenty of people make their own solar filters from the Baader film. Just make sure you get the ND5.0 type if you're going to look through it. You'll find some regular solar imagers over in the relevant section of the site.

James

Archived