Hello from Evans, Ga.

linux

Evans is just outside of Augusta, of golf fame. I'm not a golfer, but retired down here from Seattle. Better weather and certainly less overcast skies.

So as a retiree (Boeing), I'm resurrecting Astronomy as a hobby that I enjoyed when I was about 12. I just purchased a used Orion XT8 and had it out just once a couple days ago. Saw Jupiter, M42/M43 and almost M44 when it clouded up.

The eyepieces that came with it are just OK I guess and I'm doing a lot of research on better quality ones. Hard to believe the number of choices and how much money one can spend on them.

Anyway, glad to be here and I'll be asking questions for sure in the near future.

Hi Linux and welcome to the forum. I bet you live close enough to hear the roaring crowds at Augusta when the Open is on - that is such an awesome course! Your right about the choice of kit these days and there are plenty of temptations are out there if you have the wallet to match. :grin: There should never be any rush to buy new kit and the main thing is to take your time, do the research and to try and buy the best you can afford, as it is more likely to hold a better value when you want to resell in order to fund the next upgrade - there will always be an upgrade. :grin: :grin:

Clear skies for now and enjoy the forum

James

Archived