Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Banbury :)

Icey85

Well, after far too many years I have finally ordered myself a telescope! Having been in awe of the heavens for so long i thought it was about time i took the plunge!

This forum has been a very valuable reasource for me, eventually taking the plunge on an explorer 150pds. My intention , like most im sure, to grab a few snaps and webcam later...and autoguiders.....and pc control ...... And and and!!! Lol. Im a sensible bunny, honest!

Well, i say that, i just did a 300 mile round trip to collect an eq5 with dual motors to stick it on, so ill let you be the judge of that!

Anyhoo- just a quick hi then, anyone in the oxford/warwick/northants borders (banbury) that know of a friendly local club do shout!

Heres to cloud free skies :) cheers

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Icey85 and welcome to SGL, two items to help you with your scope in discovering the night sky, download the free program Stellarium, and you also might like to consider obtaining a copy of Turn Left @ Orion, obtainable from most good high street bookshops or from the big online outlets. If you eventually want to go down the AP route, then a copy of Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards, see FLO top of page for details, would also be invaluable. Your EQ5 will match the 150 well by the way, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

hi and welcome, i lived in morecambe for 7 or 8 years, used to drink in the flyer (it`s the auchioneer now i think unless it`s changed again), still got alot of family down there and visit a couple of times a year, well done on getting the eq5 used, they`re popular so get snapped up quick

Many thanks for al the warm wlecomes. I look forward to conversing about all sorts with you guys, im sure to have many questions and hopefully sleepless nights to come!

What do you think ? Heritage 70 - EQ5 - overkill?!! :tongue: They say you can never have too stable a mount for astrophotography right ?! :grin:

post-28106-0-82935500-1357933739_thumb.j

Hi and welcome to the forum. Well I'm glad you took the plunge to join in with astronomy and to participate in the forum, as there is a lot of experience and knowledge here for you to tap into as and when you need it. It will be interesting to read your first night report and how you are getting on with the kit etc as you've got a decent setup there that won't disappoint. Be careful that astrophotography or the "dark art" as we sometimes call it doesn't seduce you and your wallet - in fact better put your wallet some where safe now just in case! :grin: :grin:

Clear skies

James

Lol I hear that James! I have already have pentax K-r so will be able to experiment and fine tune the skills needed with that to start with, and then maybe get hold of an EOS body at some point later on, and of the course the web cam ......... :cheesy:

Archived