Hello from Tenterden, Kent

peewee44

Purchased first scope today - Celestron 6SE after deliberating for some 2 months. Decided to show the Mrs a picture of said scope this evening"..I thought you said it wasn't that big !!" I explained it was only 16" long and 6" in diameter and perhaps the picture was misleading you, dear. "..I don't mean the orange bit, I mean what are those 3 long silvery bits, you didn't say you were getting those as well". That's the tripod, dear. Did you expect me to view M42 just holding the telescope by hand? "..I'm going to bed". Night, night, dear.

Don't you just love 'em !!

Wonder what her reaction would have been had I decided on purchasing the Explorer 200p I was originally considering!

Anyway, hello everyone. Great Forum.

Peter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Peter and welcome, I only joined yesterday as I bought a skywatcher 200 dob which is a monster! Bought it yesterday morning in margate and the skies cleared at 11pm here in Folkestone so out came the scope ! Wonderful views of Jupiter , orions belt and Pleiades . Enjoy your new scope and the forum people here are really helpful and friendly . Kevin

Hi Peter and welcome to the forum. The hardest part of astronomy to learn, is how to get your secretly purchased kit through the door without the other half noticing. Eyepieces are easy but if you're looking at a scope or mount well that's going to take some planning!

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

The hardest part of astronomy to learn, is how to get your secretly purchased kit through the door without the other half noticing.
:laugh2:

Welcome to the Forum Peter, you live in a terrific place for dark skies, unless you're right in the Town.

Carole

Hi had been researching for my scope entually a SW200p for months. The wife new i wanted to get a scope , i think she imagined the sort of thing you see in pirate films although a bit bigger. She'd already seen a picture on the back of S@N magazine. We went to an astronemy festival at Herstmonceux and the field was fairly well covered by SW200p or very similar scopes they are very popular. "That's the one I would like"you can imagine the reply" It's huge"" Looks even bigger in the living room were it lives. Tried to explain the size of apature makes a difference. Don't think she was convinced!

Archived