Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Got a nice big scope :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thanks, I was looking for a big dob for a while, I thought about a 16" or 18" early last year, a 20" was on eBay a good few months back, then as you mentioned, Big Blue appeared on ABS, I spoke to a very helpful previous owner a few times, that more or less made up my mind to get it, having goto was a major factor also."

You're welcome Mert - I'll be going for this http://www.obsessiontelescopes.com/telescopes/20/index.php#accessories with Arg/Nav and Servocat when I get the funds together to buy new. :)

"Thanks, I was looking for a big dob for a while, I thought about a 16" or 18" early last year, a 20" was on eBay a good few months back, then as you mentioned, Big Blue appeared on ABS, I spoke to a very helpful previous owner a few times, that more or less made up my mind to get it, having goto was a major factor also."

You're welcome Mert - I'll be going for this http://www.obsession...php#accessories with Arg/Nav and Servocat when I get the funds together to buy new. :)

Looks amazing, how soon will you be getting it?

"Looks amazing, how soon will you be getting it?"

I'll probably order sometime in the next ten weeks and I think it's a 2 month lead time. So long as I have it for Kelling Autumn I'll be happy lol :)

Cool, looks a great bit of kit, very nice indeed.

cool, was it a big step up?

Yes, the step was up, thankfully! I've especially enjoyed seeing the Veil, M82 and the brighter galaxies in Leo with the extra aperture.

I hope the clouds do the decent thing for you and clear off.

Yhe w

Yes, the step was up, thankfully! I've especially enjoyed seeing the Veil, M82 and the brighter galaxies in Leo with the extra aperture.

I hope the clouds do the decent thing for you and clear off.

The weather has been a real pain, I cant remember the last really clear night.

Yes mate, 14 miles past Kinloch Rannoch on the way to Rannoch Station on left side loch, it is very nice but more so in summer lol

Scope is in Edinburgh just now so i can get used to it first

Congrats on the new scope mate, am I being cheeky hoping you (I really mean the 'scope) would make it to a CSOG observing session before it travels north up the A9 :p

Amazing !!

An observation with these huge open tubes........?? If you need a step to reach the EP when pointed at the zenith you best ensure you have nothing in your pockets that could drop out and strike the primary !!! Ouch :eek: Those truss tubes look a little dangerous to me (sour grapes and jealous! )

Congrats on the new scope mate, am I being cheeky hoping you (I really mean the 'scope) would make it to a CSOG observing session before it travels north up the A9 :p

Thanks mate, afraid not, mates van is taking me up as base wont fit in my car :D

Amazing !!

An observation with these huge open tubes........?? If you need a step to reach the EP when pointed at the zenith you best ensure you have nothing in your pockets that could drop out and strike the primary !!! Ouch :eek: Those truss tubes look a little dangerous to me (sour grapes and jealous! )

This pic was taken by a previous owner, it has a light shroud, it also has a round wooden cover for the mirror when its getting built, stops anything hitting the mirror.

Thanks to LG for the pic.

post-12770-0-91663800-1357496644_thumb.j

I know Linton Guise but have never met Big Blue. Feel free to bring it down here for some dark sky time in the summer when Scotland's not dark. :grin: :grin: :grin: (Ever the optimist...)

It must be a fine scope though.

Olly

So do I, I bought my dob from him, a very nice chap. You should see his observatory. There appears to be telescopes everywhere in his house, he even had a OO 14 inch dob in his toilet, I couldn't believe it. I have seen this scope in bits but not assembled, I am surprised he sold it.

Archived