Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Only Way Is Essex

Richie092

Well actually it's probably not considering our light pollution but I've taken the plunge anyway and just ordered an HEQ5 and ED80 from Martin at FLO so a big hello to all my future helpers ..... that's you :grin:

I have spent the afternoon reading through tons of your posts and have to say I'm really looking forward to getting started. Some of the images on here taken by first timers and pro's alike are nothing short of stunning. I will be using my DSLR to image once I have gotten the hang of things and there is plenty of useful advice on this for me to read through on here so I wont bother you all yet with my questions.

Happy New Year to you all and I look forward to picking your brains and showing my first attempts.

Richie

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go stick a Hello on the Essex mob in the Social Groups, some may well be close to you, to make it easier add your town to the Essex location in your signature.

Did you order a polar scope with the HEQ5, you will want one eventually but will have the fun of working out how it all goes together and operates in the mean time. Hope the HEQ5 doesn't scare you when it arrives.

Cheers all.

yes, I asked, it does come with a polar scope thankfully.

What do you mean scare me when it arrives? after watching a few vids and reading the alignment posts on here I'm on my way to being mildly terrified and it hasn't even been dispatched yet!

am off to say hello to the Essex mob.

Cheers all.

yes, I asked, it does come with a polar scope thankfully.

What do you mean scare me when it arrives? after watching a few vids and reading the alignment posts on here I'm on my way to being mildly terrified and it hasn't even been dispatched yet!

am off to say hello to the Essex mob.

Its huge... And heavy :D

Hi Richie and welcome to the forum. If you haven't done so already, I would strongly recommend getting hold of a copy of Steve Richards book, "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) which you can read about here. A very comprehensive guide that will advise you on all that you need to know to produce good consistent images. It is modestly priced and might well save you money by helping you to avoid the wrong kit.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Hi Richie and welcome to the forum. If you haven't done so already, I would strongly recommend getting hold of a copy of Steve Richards book, "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) which you can read about here. A very comprehensive guide that will advise you on all that you need to know to produce good consistent images. It is modestly priced and might well save you money by helping you to avoid the wrong kit.

Clear skies and enjoy the forum

James

Thanks James

I read that advice being given on here many times so I put it on my christmas list. I read it font to back before finally deciding on what I was going to buy.

cheers

Excellent setup you got coming. Can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

Welcome!

Thanks I'm getting quite excited. A bit concerned that there hasn't been a clear sky round here for nearly a fortnight but then you are all probably Zen masters of patience by now.

Archived