Hello

Hoopsmania

Early last year my wife got interested in the stargazing program on bbc with brian cox. I got her a telescope for her birthday and we went to butser hill in hampshire with family members to use it in feb. Unfortunately she was ill with cancer. Sadly she passed away the next day but she has left me with a beginners interest in using the telescope. I hope i get to use it and get help with spotting what to look out for!!

Hi Hoops.

What can I say....I'm so very sorry about your wife. That's desperately sad. It has touched me and I'm sure will touch others too. On the astro front, it seems that you both developed a burgeoning interest in the stars and I'm sure you would ultimately find it rewarding to continue. Whatever questions you have ask away here and you will find everyone more than pleased to assist.

I'm sure your wife would approve :)

Good luck with the new venture and I do hope it takes off for you :)

Best regards....

I'm So sorry for your loss, I do hope you find some solace in astronomy and it helps you at this sad time.. I am sure that everyone on here will try or at lest be able to help you in some way.. Good luck and god bless :smiley:

Hi Hoops, so sorry to hear of your loss too in Feburary, I,m sure it still and will hurt,your wife started something she wanted to do as a family then, so you have a couple of months to plan and organise an outing in Hampshire, I,m sure if you put the word out through SGL you will get support and helpful hints on where to go and what to look at.

your wife has left you with lots of memories, and a tool to look at the universe, so enjoy the memories and look UP!!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Many of us will empathize with your loss of someone close, so hopefully finding some friends here along with any advice we can offer, will go some way in helping you take the memory of your wife's interest in astronomy on a little further. There is a lot of experience on here for you to access so feel free to ask your questions - a daft question is the one you didn't ask.

Clear skies

James

Hi Hoopsmania and welcome to SGL, I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your dear Wife and there are really no words that can adequately describe the sorrow of loosing a loved one. She has left you a legacy in her telescope and you now want to continue further with your interest in Astronomy, downloading the free program Stellarium will help find your way about the night sky, and the purchase of a copy of TLA@O will assist you in procedures in using a small telescope and helping you find some of the interesting objects which can be seen in the Constellations throughout the year. You also have the forum membership to call on for help at any time and you could also look up your nearest Astro Soc, where you will be able to discuss matters with like minded people :)

John.

Archived