chaz an shaz

Hi there everyone I'm a bit new to the Internet as well as stargazing so I may ask a few silly questions but I'm a fairly quick learner so ill try to keep up. If anyone has any hints or tips on both the forums or what to start looking at with my new Telescope in the beautiful night sky that would be very kind looking forward to chatting with you and looking at some wonderful things. :laugh:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Chaz and Shaz welcome both to SGL, let us know what type of telescope and eye pieces you have which will be useful for future reference, any further questions you might want to ask can be placed into the relevant sections, in the meantime, try downloading the free program Stellarium, it will help you find your way about the night sky, enjoy your Astronomy :icon_santa:

John.

Hi guys and welcome aboard. Let us know what scope you have and any questions, you might be better off posting in the right section. Have a browse of the forums and their different subjects and decide where best to post your Q's. That way you will hit the right folks. Be careful though, you can lose hours on here :)

Good luck and clear skies ;)

hi and welcome, download a copy of stelerium (free program) to show where everything is, check out the moon first, stunning in just about any scope, jupiter and saturn are around at the moment and the 2 best visual planets and are both great to study, donn`t try and push the magnification too high, the general rule is no more than 2 x the apperture of your scope in mm, but this is really dependant on atmospheric conditions and is often a lot less than this (i have a 10" dob (254mm) but can rarely go beyond 300x), and most of all just enjoy yourself.

Archived