Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Just bought a new scope!!

http://www.skywatcher.com/swtinc/product.php?id=63&class1=1&class2=104

i got this yesterday and can't wait to put it to use :) finally!

after all the reading, questions, discussions I decided on this baby.

I want to thank everyone for their input and patience with me. I had asked too much i think haha

keep looking up!

clear sky!

thanks a bunch! Oh yea I plan to have fun! The strange thing is that I live in China. As an American living here, I have found that there are probably only 1 or 2 people in the entire country whom are also americans whom like astronomy. But they are not in the same city.

There are dozens of groups for CHinese people and that is where I have made some friends.

now that I have this scope, I am going to form an Astronomy club. any suggestions?

I have to say that this website is great. You guys are really cool.

to be honest, i usually troll on some forums where everyone is not really friendly. I stopped going there mostly and have been just focusing on a few other things like guitar or some work related stuff. stop wasting my time there.

So many warm greetings about the 150. I have yet to get a clear night but its only been 2 days since I bought it and already am thinking about upgrades with accessories

eye pieces, cases.

I got a bag with it to carry the tube but i think a case would be much more effect. Are there cases for it?

so its snowed pretty heavily, for Beijing last night. Which equates a clear sky now. We'll see for tonight

keeping my noodles crossed haha

thanks guys

I bought it for about 250 pounds. I had to convert from rmb. hehe

i saw it listed in european webs for about 400 pounds so I got a deal.

and they also threw in a bunch of freebies too. (duster, laser light, software(wont use it, i got stellarium, 2 eye pieces, a compass(why i do not know) and a couple other little things.

last night was semi clear but i was just too tired to go out. was a busy week

I got a bag with it to carry the tube but i think a case would be much more effect. Are there cases for it?

Not sure if you can get a case for it but your question reminded me of a past suggestion a forum member had made regarding the very same scope and you can read it here. Hope that might give you some creative ideas and would certainly be a relatively cheap solution to make. :smiley:

Clear skies soon!

James

cool yea. I was thinking about just building my own case and with wheels. the case would have to hold everything. so its not going to be something i can do myself(Lack of tools) but i can have someone make it here in China for a good price. after i do make it i will post it. :)

last night i caught a nice view of m42 :)

I bought it for about 250 pounds. I had to convert from rmb. hehe

i saw it listed in european webs for about 400 pounds so I got a deal.

and they also threw in a bunch of freebies too. (duster, laser light, software(wont use it, i got stellarium, 2 eye pieces, a compass(why i do not know) and a couple other little things.

last night was semi clear but i was just too tired to go out. was a busy week

A compass will give u a good idea of north/south for a basic polar alignment of ur scope which you'll need at some point to track objects. have a look at this when you get time http://www.astronomy.net/articles/4/polaralign.html although you'll be aligning to the southern pole I think so this will be what u want http://www.celestron.com/c3/support3/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1734 I posted the first link as its a little clearer with the diagrams. Good luck with your new scope & look foreward to hear how you get on with your first light. :laugh:

Steve.

thanks but I am using Polaris for alignment(Beijing).

I will have to view the astroview 6 eq later. its holiday now and was just putzing around with the tripod and mount today. im not happy with how the scope's tube assembly mounts onto the mounting system. but i can't complain too much. over all its a good buy. i did my research for like how long,,??? a year i think haha

clear skies!

Archived