Howzit

Rezn8

Hi All, my names Marc, from South Africa. I have been retailing telescopes ( Meade / Celestron ) for a few years now. I am very into the DSLR lens AP side, as I have access to lots of great lenses. The South African astronomy market is still very small, as costs of equipment are still relatively high, but we try our best to get people into the hobby.

Looking forward to sharing with you all..

Regards

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky here in winter is awesome. Unfortunately , my AP career only got going nicely towards the end of winter. Next year, I will be very prepared. Normally in summer, we have late afternoon thunderstorms, then it clears beatifully in the evening. This year, I have used the scope twice for a few hours in the lasst three months, it just hasnt stopped being overcast and rainy. Global warming definitely. One problem we do have, is its very difficult to find dark sites. We have loads of them, the problem is security. I am thinking of maybe setting up a online photo scope in an automated dome, on a farm of my stepdad, to rent out online to people in the Northern hemisphere, think it would have takers ?

Archived