Jupiter, 14th Nov

JamesF

Been sitting on these for a while because I wanted to re-process them after doing them once for my camera comparison posting. However, here are some of the better images from the night of 14th/15th November. 127 Mak, Revelation 2.5x barlow, extension and SPC900. Three-minute capture runs pre-processed using PIPP, with the best 50% of frames stacked in each using Registax v6.

I've done a little animation of 20 frames too, but I probably need to get to grips with youtube before I can post that. You'd never guess that next year will be my twentieth year working in the internet business (and as a "techie", too :)

jupiter-2012-11-14.png

James

I have managed this for an animated version:

but between the SGL software and youtube the sizing has been messed up. I think I need to redo the animation with a frame size that prevents youtube attempting to resize it.

James

Aha! It appears that when you enter the youtube URL it may be possible to do so via the "special BBcode" item in the editing menu, which allows you to set the size as well. Setting a smaller size appears to do away with the resizing. Unfortunately it's not obvious to me what the syntax for the "size" field is.

James

Archived