Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7331 and Stephan's Quintet

opticalpath

This image of the area around NGC7331 and Stephan's Quintet was taken earlier this month using my SW MN190 and QSI583 camera. The field is about one degree wide with north to the left.

Conditions were bad with poor transparency, and even with about 3 hours luminance and 3 hours RGB, the result was noisy and needed some brute force in processing.

Subs were just 200-300 sec. unbinned (1x1), about the limit for my milky suburban skies.

It's a work in progress: if we get some better conditions, I'd like to add some cleaner luminance data, and some H-alpha frames to bring out the star forming regions.

Adrian

NGC7331_LRGB_sm.jpg

Larger version: http://universalcons...1_LRGB_75pc.jpg

Yes, this one seems to need a lot more data than most. I've had a few attempts but not managed anything really decent yet. I think it's a lot harder than it looks so hat's off to anyone who does get a decent result :)

Archived