Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New scope installed

centroid

Now that the 12" LX200R is fully installed in the obsy, I took a few pictures this morning, of the setup.

The second pic shows the home made mounting rail arrangement for the ED80

The third shows the imaging/guiding setup, with the DSI on the ED80 for guiding, and the H9C on the LX200R for imaging.

The fourth pic is a close-up of a typical imaging setup, in-line is the zero image shift microfocuser, 3.3 Focal Reducer and SXVF-H9C.

Dave

post-13389-133877332149_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877332155_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877332161_thumb.jpg

post-13389-133877332167_thumb.jpg

That is a setup to die for Dave. Look ahead to some super images out of Centroid Central, pardon the christening by the way, it just slipped out.

I hope to have a similar presentation in the very near future, although my Meade is a plain old LX.

Best Wishes.

Ron. :lol:

Splendid setup Dave. Shes a big old girl that Meade, lets hope shes not a cruel mistress :lol:

Glad you explained the last pic, because I was wondering why a Lightsaber hilt was sticking out of your new scope. Seriously Dave, thats a fantastic setup.

JV

Looking good Dave!

If you don't mind me asking... what's your mounting rail made from? been looking at options for my SCT...

Helen

PS I'd never have enough clearance on the NS8 to put that much stuff hanging off the back :shock:

If you don't mind me asking... what's your mounting rail made from? been looking at options for my SCT...

Helen

The end brackets are as follows: one is the bracket that came with an Astro Engineering 'piggy back' camera mounting arrangement (£44), and the one at the other end is a copy, made by local engineering company (£10 :lol:.

The mounting rail, is simply a length of steel 'flat', bought from B&Q, and the whole lot spayed in PlastiKoat paint.

The two end brackets, were originally attached to my 10" LX200GPS, and their length and radius was completely wrong for the new 12" OTA. So, a bit more work was required, to adapt these to fit the OTA.

Dave

Thanks Dave :D I feel a trip to my friendly engineering company coming on (owned by a friend's husband who I've just been told has been telling everyone about the last time they came over our house and we got the scope out... so maybe I could pay in telescope time :lol:)

Helen

What focusser are you using?

Like the 10" LX200GPS that the new scope replaced, it comes with the Meade Zero Image Shift Microfocuser (motorised) as standard. However, I also have a JMI MotorFocus fitted to the Coarse Focus control.

Another JMI unit, is also fitted to the ED80.

Dave

What a cracking looking set-up! I think your going to have some fun the that baby!

The mounting rail, is simply a length of steel 'flat', bought from B&Q, and the whole lot spayed in PlastiKoat paint.

Thanks for that - thats just what I'm after!

Ant

Archived