Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Turn left at Orion

If I recall the Authors of TL@O recommend taking it outside with you till it becomes dog eared with use, but no matter, there are other ways, if you have a printer you can use star programs to print off the areas you want to study that you can write the information on from the book :)

John.

If you require particular pages to take with you on a session, then consider printing the page and laminating it, alternatively just take and use the book as it is, it is a tool to be used after all, and as said, additional charts etc will gradually take its place for referencing whilst out. I have a set of laminated telrad charts and use a green highlighter pen to mark targets.

I use mine as a reference book rather than for mappage and it still looks in pretty mint condition.

A night-time session (as opposed to a day-time session?) involves me setting the lap-top up in the conservatory, set to night mode and with the brightness turned right down. Cartes du Ciel is my guide.

The only thing I take out with me is my scribble note pad - yes i've also got a neat one for writing up reports properly (as well as using the forum). I have my sketch pad too but it only has one sketch in at the moment, a bit like where you intend to keep a diary but end up putting two Birthdays in it. :grin:

No conflict , if its not authorised ( ie illegal ) then please do not post.

It is made very clear in the forums code of conduct .

Posts will be removed and sanctions taken against anybody breaking these rules.

I`m not sure what you are talking about it being illegal, because if you go onto Turn Left at Orion http://www.cambridge.org/features/turnleft/ you can download the PDF`s.

I`m not sure what you are talking about it being illegal, because if you go onto Turn Left at Orion http://www.cambridge.org/features/turnleft/ you can download the PDF`s.

I was replying to the previous post stating the forums position on posting links to download sites ( eg torrent.) and as stated as long as its a authorised website then we have no issues , it's when people start posting links to illegal download sites we get involved

I`m not sure what you are talking about it being illegal, because if you go onto Turn Left at Orion http://www.cambridge...tures/turnleft/ you can download the PDF`s.

nice link - not seen this before.

btw - my tlao is wrecked. turns out the lid on my flask isn't as coffee-tight as i thought. still works fine though. it's a badge of honour. :p

Archived