Long time user - first time poster

ricedarren

Just an itroduction - I have a Skywatcher 200p dob for a year now, had relied on 10x50 binoculars for years!

I would like to get a goto - and eventually into some deepsky astrophotography.

I can't afford all the equipment at once so am buying it in bits and pieces - and am here to see if anyone can advise me the best course of action.

And help any newbies if possible!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a newbie too. I started with NEQ6 and skywatcher 200 and got on with it quite well. I then became hooked and now have a huige credit card will and a new Tak 106 to go on said NEQ6 LOL

Astrophotography in whatever form seems to require deeper pockets than visual. I am sure some experts on here will give you good advice. The best advice i got was mount first. Get the best

mount you can (NEQ6 is good from my experience).

The rest on scope choice etc etc i will leave to better men than me. (not difficult as I am female LOL ) Welcome to the darkside

Velvet :rolleyes:

Hi and welcome to the lounge:). I;d recommend you get a hold of "Making Every Photon Count" - available through our sponsors. This book is a really good intro to astrophotpgraphy and might help you decide what gear you need, and avoid the more expensive mistakes..:)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/books/making-every-photon-count-steve-richards.html

Good luck!

Archived