Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st Stage done

Here we go , just got all the gear ,and spent a few hours getting it set up, things did,nt fit exactly so a few alterations needed , fitted two red dots finders as i do like these to work with, the Equinox is a lovely scope , beautifully finished , with a sliding dew shield, and the ability to revolve the scope for framing. the focusser looks a joy to use ,smooth as silk, so just have to align both scopes to finders when its clear. weight wise i was surprised , using 5 weights heck!! ,but got it balanced just nicely .

So thats it , once clear try the scopes out,see how they perform with no guiding , then move on to guiding , have the QHY5 for that ,and all extension cables i need.

The C11 has a reducer , which is A 5.9 REDUCER, this is something new , so a bit of practise needed to get the right distance to chip .anyway here is a pic of the work so far .

Cheers

Rog

image.jpg

That's Equinox looks very 'snazzy' on the C11 Rog :lol:

Now down to the serious business of 'guiding' then :shock:

I reckon, that if you install a 'swear box' in the obsy, you'll probably get enough money in it, within a week, to pay for that Equinox :D

Dave

That is looking very nice indeed, Roger - and I thought I mine was loaded with four weights! I am very much looking forward to seeing the results with the new camera as I know you have been 'umming' and 'arring' about this for a while! Difficult to get any results with the current skies though!

AH Hmm well i have put the QHY8 on hold for a while Steve , have to stop spending for a while just blown another £1000, wife not appy , lol , best i carry on with what i have for a time if ya knows what i mean , :lol:

Misread your post, saw the QHY5 and immediately thought it was the new camera!

Archived