Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blaenavon 17.11.2012

valleyman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it worth when looking at the forecasts, at the mo its forecast to be clear early hours of sunday morning. With a bit of luck the bad front on saturday will pass through quicker than expected leaving clear skies for the evening............... :rolleyes:

To be honest Tony if we see a car coming we just cover our eyes,as you said the road is treacherous in the dark.i won't be at the site untill 7pm so keep me a space by the entrance folks,I will be leaving early so at least that way I won't disrupt you all too much.

Looking good now, fingers crossed see you all tomorrow about 6 ish for me. Looking forward to it. Mike doughnut time again,Lenny bread pudding can't wait.

I'm gonna arrive about 5.30 Steve, astro dark kicks in at 6.20 so I want to be set up ready. There's a thin waxing cresent until 8ish for a bit of lunar as well. Let's hope the sky behaves itself tonight.

I won't be leaving here until 5:30 ish I think David and its a 50 minute drive so apologies in advance for the headlights on approach, think it will be an occupational hazard until about 8 when most will have arrived.A friend from work may be coming aswel, took him to trecastle last year and he was pretty impressed.my cover as an amature astronomer will be well and truly blown when he gets to talk to you guys though lol. Hopefully we're all in for a good night tonight, see you all later.

Gaz be good if you could make it, plenty of scopes to round.

Follow heads of the valley rd, take a467 to brynmawr.then take first left off roundabout b2448 to blaenavon.follow the garn rd for a few miles through the village of garn yr Erw then look out on left for turning b426 to Abergavenny.follow the road up the mountain at the brow of the hill you should see the pilot,masts on your right,follow the lane until you see a lot of padded men with red lights on their fore heads.

Good luck

I'll be the first one to report back .............

Wow what a night first off lots people turned up with so more different scopes and the sky was great never seen so many stars

But i had to call it a night to cold for me long-johns next time and 3 pairs of socks

thanks to everybody who let me look thought they scopes

Dean

Archived