Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Blaenavon 17.11.2012

valleyman

Just got home. Had a good time albeit a few hours. My wife accompanied me so I didn't want to over do it.

Nice to put faces (although I couldn't see them) to names from the SW Group.

Thanks for the warm welcome on such a cold night guys. Hopefully see you at the next one.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow ! What a great night, clearest I've seen at Blaenavon.

Was nice to once again see old friends, and meet some new ones. It was a good turnout, my hats off to the few brave and hardy souls who battled the cold and heavy dew; I had to leave early, should have brought more handwarmers. :grin:

See you all at the next meet. :smiley:

Great turn out tonight, a big thank you to everyone who turned up.Lenny please thank your missus for the bread pudding as always it was first class.....and mike thanks for the mug!.It was great to see some new and familiar faces plus Bob had his Sky Quality Meter with him ,.,., i was very surprised to find out it was a magnitude 6 !

A cracking few hours half 9 till 11:15. Shame I missed so many of you but it was nice to catch up with the few left (Steve Dave bob Lenny martin) and we even got a tyre change too! And thanks to Dave for showing me where andromeda is. I will forget but thanks sooo much :). Shame about the cold thinking of getting warming clothes next!

Thanks Lenny and your wife for the amazing bread pudding it was in the words of the valleys...... Lush:)

Thanks guys

Gaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back in and sinking into a nice glass of [removed word].lovely night and great turn out and so nice to meet old friends and new alike. Looking forward to the next one already.

Blaenavon survival kit, at least 2pairs of trousers,3pairs of socks any kind of hat no matter how dippy you might think you look and if possible mrs lovitts

bread pudding.

Great nite chaps. Mike, you r a legend !!!

Some peeps turned up, didnt have scopes but wanted to learn more,

didnt stay past 9, thought to myself, chipping ice off roof of car = need more clothes (mrs informed for xmas list)

Mat, hope the Mrs is ok,

Great to see you had a fantastic night, sorry I could not make it to say hello to all the new faces.

Did get a couple of hours in the garden and except for the neighbour lighting a huge bonfire the seeing was great.

I hope to receive my slice of bread pudding in the post shortly :).

Pat

I think for our christmas session ill try and get up in the light next time, so nice to talk to people I've never met before, astronomers really are a very friendly bunch, but whether I'd recognise anyone next time around ...who knows lol

I'll have a Valley accent by then. :grin:

It was a great night! I really wish I could have stayed longer but I think my fingers would have fallen off I did!

I managed to cross 2 Messier objects off my list! M33 Triangulum Galaxy and M71 Globular Cluster. I wasn't even looking for M71 so that was a complete surprise and I don't think that M33 is possible at home on account of the light pollution!

Looking forward to the next one!

Archived