NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello folks

Jem7

Hello everyone,

I just knew that selling my first telescope a few years back would be a mistake I would later regret. I think that once you look up and marvel at the night sky it stays with you forever. I do wish I still had my little 4” reflector now. It gave me some tremendous views of Mars during its close approach a few years back. You live and learn.

So this is my second time around and at present I do not own a telescope or binoculars. Hopefully I’ll have something in a couple of months or so. Equipment certainly seems to have moved on rapidly in a short time and I’m enjoying reading up on what’s new and all the latest gizmos in the astronomy world. Think it might be a Dobsonian for me this time around as my funds will be tight.

I'm very fortunate to have good dark skies, so until my future purchase it’s simply a pair of eyes and a 360 degree view. For me that’s still the best view of all.

Looking forward to learning and contributing to this forum.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jem and welcome to SGL, maybe it is just me and my poor eyesight, but I had quite a job reading your intro, small black print on a black background. Whatever scope you eventually acquire, at least you will have dark skies to get the best out of it :)

John.

Jem 7, I see you are a man of few words. Welcome to SGL all the way from Bulgaria. Enjoy a really great site and try to say something we are all friends here.

Sorry I see you have writen something but I can't read it for some reason. it is very poor contrast, never seen it before.

Alan.

Welcome to the dark side!

maybe it is just me and my poor eyesight, but I had quite a job reading your intro, small black print on a black background.

John, just hit CTRL-A or manually mark with the mouse the text you cant see. The markings will increase the contrast in this case.

Archived