Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

best mag

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Astronomy Now and Sky@Night (particularly Patrick Moore's Moon watch articles) but I have to confess to buying these occasionally depending on what in them for that particular month (e.g kit reviews) rather than subscribing to them on a regular basis although Sky@Night does occasionally runs some great subscription offers.

James

If i had to buy just one, then it would be AN. I just think the articles are more indepth then the rest of the mags out there.

me too. the science stuff seems a bit more in depth than s@n, and i enjoy their monthly highlights section. i get s&t sometimes if there's something really interesting. i feel like there's a number of mags that kind of fall into a "cyclical" category, as in, you buy them for a while, a year or so, then you start to notice things come around again. like beginner's how to guides, stuff like that. there's nothing wrong with that, but it means you outgrow the magazine pretty quick. s@n is like that for me. so was "computer music" way back when, and my fiance cancelled her subscription to good food magazine for pretty much the same reason ("oh, they've run out of ideas, it's this year's issue with a roast chicken on the front. great").

Sky@Night (particularly Patrick Moore's Moon watch articles)

James

Much the same reason as me! What Patrick doesn't know about the moon.probably isn't worth knowing, in my humble opinion of course.

I always turn to this section first.

Buzz

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

with an i do find more to read were as s@n feels more like fillers and to me less interesting but i did enjoy the cd helped me with loking after my scope ,the stuff was obvious but i just hadent thought of it also i liked the s@n episode io always miss them on tv and bbciplayer is like watching a raver with parkinsons and it never lets me d/w it

I have S@N on gift subscription (for my birthday earlier in the year). I also pick up AN at the newsagent. As I normally have trouble giving present lists out for the 'C' word that is fast approaching, I will probably ask for AN on a gift subscription for Christmas...doh! Now I've gone and said it! That's it, before you know it there will be cards and wrapping paper in the supermarkets and then the irritating piped carols and Christmas No1s will start! :icon_rendeer:

Archived