Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

best mag

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I subscribe to S@N but when it runs out I think I'II leave it and just pick up what ever mag looks interesting when I'm passing WHSmiths.

Always got a good book of some kind on the go anyway so I'm never without reading material.

Re the 'C' word and wrapping : there already is! :-( I've also seen chocolate Santas (not to mention creme eggs but I guess since Kraft took over Cadbury's they figured on selling them all year round!)

Might take a look at AN.

One thing about S@N is the inclusion on the disk of an EQTOUR file for the deep sky tour (not that I've been able to make use of any so far). A nice touch.

Paul

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

If you can read Spanish the magazine Astronomia is in my opinion a lot more in depth, researched, detailed and richer, than, say, something like the Sky at Night magazine. The latter comes across as a bit of a colourful-hip-glossy whilst the former tends to be a lot more serious, not only dealing with strictly astronomical issues per se but often directing them into a wider field of question and debate, opening up discussion on their philosophical, epistemological, ontological, geological, physical and sometimes political implications etc. Moreover, every month without pause, there's a section (a double page or more) given over to each of the particular interssts a reader may have, from Lunar and Solar and Planetary work and highlights, constellations, myths and legends, double stars, urban gazing, astro-photograpahy, DSOs and so on.

Archived