SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

hello from Los Angeles

Alucard

hey I'm from los Angeles and to be perfectly honest I just came on here to ask if anybody new a good place to watch the perseid meteor shower tonight. I am on the westside of Los Angeles so I was thinking of Malibu creek state park or topanga state park. But I really only found those from seeing them on mapquest and I have no idea where in those parks to go or were my group of people can go. I have also never gone out to see a meteor shower before so I'm starting from scratch. Any suggestions on better places to go would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi, welcome to SGL :)

I don't know how many members from your area read the welcome forum so you may be better asking a question in the 'Beginners Help and Advice' forum. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

hey I'm from los Angeles and to be perfectly honest I just came on here to ask if anybody new a good place to watch the perseid meteor shower tonight. I am on the westside of Los Angeles so I was thinking of Malibu creek state park or topanga state park. But I really only found those from seeing them on mapquest and I have no idea where in those parks to go or were my group of people can go. I have also never gone out to see a meteor shower before so I'm starting from scratch. Any suggestions on better places to go would also be appreciated. Thank you.

Hello from the United Kingdom, and welcome to the forum.

You would have to travel some to get away from the LA's light dome, however for a short ride, you could head up PCH to Trancas Beach, and go up Encinal Canyon Road.

Cheers, as they say over here.

Hi Alucard,

I live near downtown LA and just spent the entire night with over 100 stargazers at Mount Pinos in Frazier Park. This is about the closest darkest site from LA., although it is 90 miles away at 8,300 ft elevation. The Milky Way is plainly visible from this site.

The annual Classic Star Party takes place next weekend there, an all weekend event. I'll be up there on Saturday night again.

Hi Alucard,

I live near downtown LA and just spent the entire night with over 100 stargazers at Mount Pinos in Frazier Park. This is about the closest darkest site from LA., although it is 90 miles away at 8,300 ft elevation. The Milky Way is plainly visible from this site.

The annual Classic Star Party takes place next weekend there, an all weekend event. I'll be up there on Saturday night again.

wow carbon,would love to hear how you get on..

Archived