NEWBIE FROM SKELMERSDALE.

Solar_observer

Hello everyone :-) my first post on here, so I will just introduce myself. im a 42 yo guy living in skem with my girlfriend. Where I live its fairly high up so the light pollution is not too bad, also 5 mins up the road is a park which overlooks Liverpool and widnes. Even darker skies but I have not been up there, with my scope yet. ive been interested in astronomy since i was a kid but only now, wanting too take it up more seriously. i bought a scope 5 months back a skywatcher explorer 130, also fitted with a off axis home made baader solar filter. ive had good views at night of various objects and really good sun sessions. the only trouble is the weather, i only have a window of 2 nights to observe as i work nights. and most times its cloudy :( im seriously considering buying a skyliner 200p VERY soon but my girlfriend is saying........WHAT YOU NEED ANOTHER SCOPE FOR? ? ha ha she will never understand. anyway thats a bit about me, i hope too use this site a lot and hopefully make new likeminded friends.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A very big and hot welcome from Bulgaria. SGL is a great site and everone has been very helpful whilst I have been a member. I am sure that they will all step forward and help you to. Enjoy the site.

My wife is always saying the same thing, I've got 4 scopes, she asks me how many heads have I got, I always say more than you think dear!

Alan.

Thanks guys :-) there are that many topics and posts on here i dont know where too start. it has helped me choose my next scope though, skyliner 200p. my girlfriend will kill me, when she sees the size of it. she says my 130 explorer is TOO BIG :-o ....... anyway here is hoping for clear skies tonight, perseid meteor shower ramping up too its peak next week.

Archived