Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who's going to be watching the Mars Curiosity coverage real time?

Dazzyd

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely AMAZING !!!

So glad I made the effort to get up early and watch history being made.

Well done to all at NASA and the Jet Propulsion Team

I'm gobsmacked at wht I've just witnessed. Absolutely gobsmacked.

I wonder though how much of that is playing the public sympathy card and trying to get the message through of it's importance. I took it as a bit of a message to the white house.

"Please re-instate our funding".

They did mention Australia at least.

I was thinking the exact same thing. It satarted when they interviewed the science advisor and his comment "Only America has put a surface lander on another planet" ..... Hello???? Venera?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I know what you mean about the american nationalism. The reporter asked "What importance does this have to the American people?"- or something like that.

The importance it has in america is the same as anywhere else in the world.

(Also some people in america call their language "american". It's English! Just because you gall a garden a "yard" and you call trousers "pants" does not mean that you have an entirely new language!)

P.S - hope I haven't offended any Americans!

I feel like I have missed something here... saw something about this mentioned on the main news but wasn't really able to listen fully to the story, just assumed it was taking place some time in the next five years (as these things usually are). I would have been dead to the world at 6am anyway though :p

Archived