NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from the SE

seigfriedwilson

Hello,

Just a quick intro. Been a very amateur astronomer for around 15 years. Mostly interested in lunar observing and imaging, but starting to think about other solar system objects, just with a webcam.

I have a small 6" f5 Newt on an old 'clockwork' mount. Nothing fancy, new or exciting but it suits me.

Seigfried

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Seigfried and welcome to SGL, if you do not mind me saying so, love that name, brings my favourite composer Wagner to mind and Die Ring Des Neibelung, if I have spelt it right, something to listen to while its raining because it goes on for a long time, just like the rain :D

John.

Welcome to SGL. Assuming the cloud goes away at some point I think there's going to be a frenzy of planetary imaging as Jupiter returns to the evening sky soon. All you'd need is a suitably-modded webcam and you should be in business.

James

Hi Seigfried and welcome to the forum. There is a lunar section under the general heading of "Observing" and under the general imaging section there is a subsection on "Imaging - Lunar" which you might find useful.

Clear skies

James

Archived