Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Shhhhhhhh

robbie c

Don't tell anyone but its looking good for a clear night tonight :icon_bounce: oh I'm so happy I can't wait for it to get dark It will be the first time in weeks I'v been able to get out and do some viewing, got nice blue sky at the moment so lets keep it to ourself's everybody no shouting out about it shhhhh :grin: :grin: :grin:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a forecast that in the NW it will get cloudier for an hour around now and then clear off to mostly clear. it's getting better in south Manc now (although I confess it's the 6" not the 16" that's outside cooling). hoping for a last glimpse of Saturn before it disappears for the year, and maybe a few doubles around Bootes and the summer constellations.

Scope is all re-colimated and now cooling down in the observatory with the fans.

Fingers crossed, but started to cloud over in Sandbach Cheshire now. Sat 24 shows may get some clear spells tonight, but doubt be good enough for imaging.

Well there's still a lot of cloud here, probably more than makes any decent observing possibly yet, but I have just been outside to check and saw Mars, Saturn and Spica. That's three more night-sky objects than I've seen in the whole of the last four weeks.

James

Well that was a far better evening then I expected, managed to get a few messiers done and a couple of NGCs. Odd patch of cloud passed over so switched to ISS and Satelite spotting until sky cleared again. Oh and one meteorite.

Happy now and off to bed. :grin:

Ha every day it's been sunny rather than raininng over the last two or three weeks it's been cloudy at dusk and beyond....I've given up all hope :(

Sunny and clear all day then cloudy at night .... That would be maddeningly infuriating - unless you had a solar scope of course! :)

Archived